Bloody chavs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

i_york

Car
Volvo V40 2.0T Sport / AK Cobra 427
Ok, so maybe what I'm about to tell you about wasn't done by Chavs, but I think the likelihood is that it was!

Just got back from a meal out and noticed someone has nicked my 2 offside MB logo valve caps. It's dark at the moment, so I just hope the daylight doesn't reveal any malicious damage. They only cost my a Fiver for the set, but it's the principal of it and the fact that it's just so petty.

Actually, I'm rather surprised that my bonnet star hasn't been snapped-off yet.

Although I'm a laid-back sort of chap, I stick by the fact that if I see anyone messing with my car and I manage to catch them, they'll get a kicking that they'll never forget.

It's a lovely world we live in, isn't it?

Cheers,
Ian.

I had 2 chrome caps taken off my car, but what annoyed me the most was that they came with matching chrome stems and are not available on their own! :(

What amazes me is that people will even steal the cheap black plastic ones that are nothing special at all !

If it wasn't that I'd suffer myself , I'd smear them with some sort of non-drying dirty black grease that would get into their skin for a few days ...

IMHO I would just put up with nicked valve caps- Possibly less of a pain than smearing shite on the nickable parts of my car!!!! And what if you forgot?!? Horrible...:cool:

DITTRICH said:
Grease - dogshit works better IMHO!
Les
:D Is this from personal experience? How do you apply it?
How long will it stay on once the wheels start rotating?
How long before it simply breaks down and looses the unpleasant aroma? :D

Do you train your dog to do a 'dump' onto each valve or do you scoop up fresh faeces and perhaps store them?

John the dungy heap man

glojo said:
:D Is this from personal experience? How do you apply it?

toothbrush. come on John, where is your imagination?;)

i_york said:
Although I'm a laid-back sort of chap, I stick by the fact that if I see anyone messing with my car and I manage to catch them, they'll get a kicking that they'll never forget.

QUOTE]

That’s exactly what they deserve BUT unfortunately our Law/Judicial System is in their favour and implemented to protect the b*st*rds. Touch them and you will end up in trouble.

Personally, I think that it may possibly even be other MB owners stealing the valve caps as they are of no use to anyone else!

normally kids on bikes nicking valve caps, thats why they normally get nicked in pairs!

I'm lucky enough to live in an area where we don't have any kind of trouble, very few kids around etc, but I've had 2 sets of MB dust caps nicked now while the car's been on our drive. I've given up and replaced with plastic.

I’ve never had a major problem with valve caps being stolen.
That was until I bought the BMW:confused: . In the space of a couple of weeks I had 3 sets of chrome/metal caps go:mad: & even a set of normal black plastic ones:rolleyes: :crazy: .

Then I got a set of Spin-caps.:cool:
http://www.spincaps.com/shoponline.html

The ones I got are machined out of brass and triple-chrome plated.
The best bit is I've been able to see on a couple of them that someone has tried to undo them as they were nice and clean.
The way they work they feel like they are undoing as the outer part revolves. :rolleyes:
They have been fitted for a while now & are dead easy to remove for pressure checking but only with the provided key/removal tool.

i must have spent £100 over the years on fancy valve caps at £10 a pop, the orignal anti-theft caps by richbrook were good but a fiddle, the new spin caps mentioned above are the best, you can buy them from halfords now at £10-12.

i have cought some 'chavs' trying them outside my local shop, with no joy! HA HA!!!

Alps said:
normally kids on bikes nicking valve caps, thats why they normally get nicked in pairs!

9/10 this is normally the case. I just don't bother with them anymore.

Ciao........ ;)

I guess a paperclip would work as the key to lock the outer body to the thread.

Dieselman said:
I guess a paperclip would work as the key to lock the outer body to the thread.

The removal tool doesn't work like that.
The removal tool/key locates onto the centre part of the cap (the outer always spins).
I'm not going to say they are impossible to get off without it but IMO they will move on to a easier target as I've had them on my car a while with no problems.

Rory said:
I'm lucky enough to live in an area where we don't have any kind of trouble, very few kids around etc, but I've had 2 sets of MB dust caps nicked now while the car's been on our drive. I've given up and replaced with plastic.

Come om fellas hardly crime of the century now is it...Its kids for gods sake...and yes even middle class kids nick shinny dust caps...take a look at any kids bike these days and clock the caps, infact with kids the better the standard of dust cap then the better respect. !..the posher caps the better !!!!..its like nickin apples to them and I really dont think its malacious in any way.!!!!...solution keep a load of black plastic ones in ya glove box they cost about one penny each !.......:rolleyes:

Well Pete , if it is not crime of the century , then neither is me kicking their teeth down their little throats .
My kids don't go out nicking , they know exactly what would happen if they tried - trouble is , no one has any respect for anything , is it OK if I trawl around in my van , and if I see a pushbike with nice shiny caps that look like they have been lifted , to sling the bike in the back of my van by way of compensation ? no - didn't think it was .
Trouble is pete - some of these little turds are just as likely to stick a knife in your ribs if you confront them , and why the hell should I work hard to buy a half decent car to have some piece of trash nick bits off it ?

Now I can turn off the rant -
sorry , but it is a pet hate of mine .

fredfloggle said:
Well Pete , if it is not crime of the century , then neither is me kicking their teeth down their little throats .
My kids don't go out nicking , they know exactly what would happen if they tried
Trouble is pete - some of these little turds are just as likely to stick a knife in your ribs if you confront them

Not sure 'kicking their teeth down their little throats' is a punishment that quite fits the heinous crime of stealing dust caps.

I wonder where these kids get the idea that violence is OK?

nick the caps and move on..

thats my motto. They are free to them to be honest..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom