Bloody Chewing Gum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mambo

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 535d Sport, Mini Cooper Convertible
Does anyone know what the best way is to get chewing gum out of the MB mats? I have two nice dolops on one of the mats....

mamoor_dewan said:
Does anyone know what the best way is to get chewing gum out of the MB mats? I have two nice dolops on one of the mats....

You can buy Chewing gum remover, which basically freezes it and you can pick it off. ;)

Fantastic, you know where I can pick some of this up from?

Your freezer!! :D Take an ice cube and hold it over the gum until it freezes then crack it off :D :D This is the usual advice for gum on carpet. Can't say I've ever had to try it - fortunately ;) - so don't know just how well it works.

Best thing to remove chewing gum is (believe it or not) egg white!!!

Rub into affected area & watch the nastiness melt away - you'll even be able to tell what flavour it was by the smell released as it disintegrates ;)

Eamonn

Hi all! I'm in n the USA... I have found that buying VM&P Naptha from the house paint or hardware store & dabbing almost any stain on the carpet or floor mats will remove it completely with no damage to carpet fibers. Never use it on Leather or vinyl upholstery as it dries out oils from these.

VM&P Naphtha is what they make "bug & tar remover" out of & it can be used on the paint on the body of the car to safely remove bugs & tar too. In addition to removing stains, it will remove almost any "gummy" goo on/in the car. In the US it is cigarette lighter fuel in the old Zippo style lighters that use a wick & cotton stuffed fuel storage system. It is sold here under the name "Ronson Lighter fluid".

Think of it as "Dry Cleaning Fluid" Just keep dabbing with a white cloth & turning the rag.

Hope this helps! :bannana:

'04 E-500 Pewter/Stone, w/ Comfort, Lighting, Entertainment, Sunroof, Premium Pkgs, Parktronic, Keyless Go, Tire Press Mon, Integr Phone w/Voice, Comand/Nav & OEM Sirius Satellite Radio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom