Bloody dogs!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
Just went to move the wife's Q5 and found scratches up the drivers door. She visited a "friend of a friend" yesterday and their dog was "so pleased" to see them it bounced up and down the door!!!. I cannot print my thoughts here!!!
We do have 3 dogs and none of them would even dream of doing that although we have one that will NOT stop pi$$ing on my wheels, but I digress
Anyway.......
I do not have a DA polisher, you cannot feel the scratches with your fingernail, what are the best suggestions???? , should I order a DA? use T-cut? or similar, always rub in one direction? any advice please

I have tried to ban her from visiting this house but all I get is "its only a car" be different if the dog jumped over her dress or handbag though!!!!

Distressed KC

Buy her a shitty little car to use when visiting this particular house. The wife thinks it's 'only a car'...good luck with changing her mind on that one. And the dog's will never be taught not to jump up because they are not your dogs.

The scratches ? No idea.

I agree , dog's jumping up, VERY annoying. A member of our family has one...Grrrrr

Just went to move the wife's Q5 and found scratches up the drivers door. She visited a "friend of a friend" yesterday and their dog was "so pleased" to see them it bounced up and down the door!!!. I cannot print my thoughts here!!!
We do have 3 dogs and none of them would even dream of doing that although we have one that will NOT stop pi$$ing on my wheels, but I digress
Anyway.......
I do not have a DA polisher, you cannot feel the scratches with your fingernail, what are the best suggestions???? , should I order a DA? use T-cut? or similar, always rub in one direction? any advice please

I have tried to ban her from visiting this house but all I get is "its only a car" be different if the dog jumped over her dress or handbag though!!!!

Distressed KC
Lookup a detailer in your area, or maybe a dent repairer. They’ll be able to polish out the scratches - and they’ll either disappear or look much better. If the paint has broken then they’ll be able able to recommend the best course of action.

If you can't feel them with your fingernail then any decent scratch remover and a bit of elbow grease should get rid of them.

Autosol scratch remover was what used when a bird attacked the wifes car with a branch.
Did the trick, see my thread.

I'd tell the wife not to visit or ask that the dogs be kept away from the car.

Offer to take your friends dogs on holiday..

To Korea...

I've used Autoglym polish to get minor scratches out before now. It's not as abrasive as some scratch removers, just be patient and go over the areas a few times.

Get it done by a detailer and send her friend the bill. She will make sure it doesn't happen again

Just hope it never happens with your dog . no comment ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom