Bloody hell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sssammm

Car
2017 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme, 1953, 58, 59, Chevy Trucks
66 plate car brought to my friend for a complete colour change, the wife dont like white......so they are changing it to.......................Magnolia!!!!!!!

Attachments

• File 01-06-2017, 18 44 09.jpg
    File 01-06-2017, 18 44 09.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 297
  • File 01-06-2017, 18 44 38.jpg
    File 01-06-2017, 18 44 38.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 275
  • File 01-06-2017, 18 44 18.jpeg
    File 01-06-2017, 18 44 18.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 261
Is the roof and carpets being changed to brown to give it the 'neutral look'? Just like house renovations, she may be on to something! :D

Is the roof and carpets being changed to brown to give it the 'neutral look'? Just like house renovations, she may be on to something! :D

Didn't Clarkson try that (possibly in an old Merc)?

It didn't end well.

Wrap or complete respray?

I only hope it's going to get done in green candy perleasecent flop-flop with some metal flake. stirred in and a two tone fade from top to bottom.

If I see another mid grey metallic on the road I'll scream.

Painting it in Magnolia...I feel sick thinking about it

To be honest given limited choice of colour offered by mercedes i'm surprised at very few people going down this route. Well done brave man. Good luck with the sale though.

I only hope it's going to get done in green candy perleasecent flop-flop with some metal flake. stirred in and a two tone fade from top to bottom.

If I see another mid grey metallic on the road I'll scream.

Mid grey metallic is the new black..... does seem pretty 'popular' though doesn't it. Best not drive past yours in our new C then, I like Selenite Grey :D

Black only looks great when it's just been washed and polished.

White is almost the same. A mate used to have a white GTE Astra. He would go to lunch and while he was gone, we would clean one door. Never failed to wind him up.

We had a Palladium Silver SLK and it used to look pretty good even when it wasn't perfectly clean.

As for Magnolia... words fail me.

ouch poor thing... i think it looks brilliant how it is.. they will need the car to sing n dance if they wanna sell it later once painted such a horrific colour

ps where about is your friend based? might need some bodywork soon :D

I hope she doesn't want to change the car in a year or two

I will update during the process

Did this on an Astra 30 years ago... :D

Changed the colour from Silver to White/Black (don't ask...).

Lots of work - got everything off including all the windows etc - but there's one thing you cant really do and that's the engine bay.

Not unless you are willing to remove the engine AND all the pipes/hoses/wires/electrics - and I can only imagine there are many many more of those on modern cars!

Just masking the main bits inside the engine bay will never be perfect as there will always be bits you can't reach.

So I left the engine bay as it was... and when you open the bonnet, the engine bay was Silver. Which was a bit odd, on a white car. But otherwise it was a success.

Last edited:
I think the engine bays are all black, i may be wrong, i was once in 1967

I think the engine bays are all black, i may be wrong, i was once in 1967

You were black in 1967? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom