Bloody thieving swine .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozpass

Hello all,

Been the victim of a most unusual crime. Some ratbag has stolen the drivers side mirror glass from my S320 CDi.

The mirrors fold in automatically when I park it, and when I got in this morning it had been forced into the "out" position and the mirror glass was gone. Luckily the mechanism still works (folds in / out and the adjustments work). Unluckily, of the four wires that (presumably) connect to the heated element, two have had their little spade connectors stripped off!!

Has anyone here had cause to replace the heated mirror glass in their W220? I'm wondering how much I might have to shell out to fund the lifestyle of the neighbourhood scumbags..... :mad:

Hello all,

Been the victim of a most unusual crime. Some ratbag has stolen the drivers side mirror glass from my S320 CDi.

The mirrors fold in automatically when I park it, and when I got in this morning it had been forced into the "out" position and the mirror glass was gone. Luckily the mechanism still works (folds in / out and the adjustments work). Unluckily, of the four wires that (presumably) connect to the heated element, two have had their little spade connectors stripped off!!

Has anyone here had cause to replace the heated mirror glass in their W220? I'm wondering how much I might have to shell out to fund the lifestyle of the neighbourhood scumbags..... :mad:

Its getting on for £200,, If you cannot buy the spades maybe I have some

2 wires for dimming and 2 for heated

I feel sorry for you :( I live in fear of parking mine anywhere, have you noticed that everyone's eyes are all over your car......I noticed on a trip to the supermarket that this bloke was really eyeing my car up - it makes you paranoid :(

I hope your mirror is not too much money to fix! good luck!

I don't think the glass itself is that expensive. I haven't had to replace it on this car, but on my previous car (V140 S500) I did, and it came to £56.22+VAT from a Mercedes-Benz dealer. They charged me another £25.20+VAT for the work.

I also had a whole mirror replaced on the previous car after some t*** took it off while passing me :crazy:. I paid £212.77+VAT for the whole mirror assembly (including a glass) and £84+VAT for the labour, again by a Mercedes-Benz dealership.

These mirrors were, like on the 220, heated, electrically adjusted and with memory function.

Perhaps if someone has access to the price it would be handy.

I alway understood that the dimming ones were very expensive, I hope that I am wrong

Perhaps if someone has access to the price it would be handy.

I alway understood that the dimming ones were very expensive, I hope that I am wrong

Good point! I would indeed expect the auto dimming glass to be a lot more expensive. On the 220, the driver's side mirror is anti-dazzle (and of course the interior rear-view one, in which the sensor is located), but not the passenger side one.

Good point! I would indeed expect the auto dimming glass to be a lot more expensive. On the 220, the driver's side mirror is anti-dazzle (and of course the interior rear-view one, in which the sensor is located), but not the passenger side one.

That would be correct as the nearside one never dims

Can you check the part number? I think it might be A2208100221 for the driver's side one, and that seems to be £290.81+VAT :crazy:.

Yikes!

Now I can see why the rotten buggers took it. :(

Thanks for all of the speedy replies, guys.

I suppose, at a pinch, I could get a mirror from an American spec car and live without the anti-dazzle?

If you cant get the spades I can post you a pair, I know its a small consolation

Good man Malcolm, I might well take you up on your kind offer.

This is the second time I've been stung since Christmas - someone broke into my van and smashed up (unable to steal so they destroyed it instead) my fancy stereo. What I consider to be a nice area too....

there wasnt much change out of £500 for a fill folding dimming driver assembly on a facelift W210

Drivers side auto-everything mirror glass for my C270 - £275 from the stealers!!!! Ouch ouch ouch..... thankfully a forum member has supplied me with one for £65 delivered - what a life-saver!!!

yeah, maybe you can buy your original one back :mad:

My thoughts exactly!!

Funnily enough, there was a noticeable imperfection in mine that should be immediately obvious if anyone gets offered it / sees it on ebay. There is a greenish discolouration at the top, a bit like the default Windows XP background, but upside down!

The other factor which should lead you to believe it's stolen is the material fact of a tracksuit-wearing smackhead offering you the mirror glass from a Merc! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom