Bloomin strange...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzer

Car
Disco and E250 Cab
...was on my way to a client jolly yesterday morning, travelling from home to Birmingham airport then flying to Edinburgh. Once there I was hiring a car, plugging my sat nav in and off to the venue.

Woke up, went to the car, sat in, went to plug in the postcode of the hotel, only to find my satnav was gone, along with the power cable and cradle :mad:

There was not a mark on the car and I am certain I locked my car and before you all tell me I'm an idiot for leaving it in the car, this was probably the only time I have done it in 5 years, I live at the end of a cul-de-sac in a quite safe area just outside of Stratford Upon Avon, the chances of someone happening past and noticing should have been nil.

Hey-ho one in a million bad luck.

Got to EDI airport and bought a new TOMTOM, so every cloud has a silver lining, now how do I get the John Cleese voice... :)

Just goes to show .... the scumbags are everywhere ....

Check your neighbours kids cars over the next few weeks ..... ;)

erm you sure someone just didnt borrow it? sounds strange unless it had been left open...

Keep the reciept for the new one in case You find the old one in the house tommrrow

Might another member of the family noticed it in the car, and taken it into the house?

Will be watching the neighbourhoodies closely in the next few weeks and also monitoring e-bay.

There's only me, the wife and our 7 month old and they both deny it.

Car could have been left open but that would be fantastically out of character :(

Don't really mind too much as I was due an upgrade.

Check in the Moses basket. I reckon your 7 month old might be trying to cover something up.

There's quite a demand for sat nav units at Parent & Toddler Groups - they're exchanging hands for anything up to a teething ring and a couple of rusks.

I don't understand. You hired a car in Edinburgh, and yet you seem to be saying the satnav disappeared from outside your home in Stratford. :confused:

I'm with Imadfoofus, I read this yesterday and again today - doesn't make sense :confused:

I'm guessing you mean that you woke up on the first day, and noticed it missing on the journey to the hotel/airport from home or something though?

Will

I think Mozzer got up , went to get in his car to drive to the airport ( to catch a flight to Edinburgh ) ....

He was going to take the satnav on the plane with him to put in the hire car ( that he was going to hire in Edinburgh ) .....

But, when he left his house to drive to the airport ( the first leg of the journey ) it had gone ....

I think Mozzer got up , went to get in his car to drive to the airport ( to catch a flight to Edinburgh ) ....

He was going to take the satnav on the plane with him to put in the hire car ( that he was going to hire in Edinburgh ) .....

But, when he left his house to drive to the airport ( the first leg of the journey ) it had gone ....

My understanding too - I think the first paragraph is just the context, ie what Mozzer was planning to do

...was on my way to a client jolly yesterday morning, travelling from home to Birmingham airport then flying to Edinburgh. Once there I was hiring a car, plugging my sat nav in and off to the venue.

Yep that's roughly what I thought, but I had to read it a couple of times to get my head around it!

Will

Oh. Thanks.

Why intend to put the hotel postocde in when in Stratford if most of the journey was to be by 'plane?

I know that's completely irrelevant, so it's probaly a rhetorical question

PJ

Oh. Thanks.

Why intend to put the hotel postocde in when in Stratford if most of the journey was to be by 'plane?

I know that's completely irrelevant, so it's probaly a rhetorical question

PJ

Sorry guys if I have confused, see Howard''s post for the correct interpretation.

As for the question above, I had the hotel address on a scrap of paper at home and was just going to plug it into the satnav memory for later rather than taking the scrap of paper.

Sorry guys if I have confused, see Howard''s post for the correct interpretation.

As for the question above, I had the hotel address on a scrap of paper at home and was just going to plug it into the satnav memory for later rather than taking the scrap of paper.

OK - who else find's it ironic that someone from the Bard's home town had trouble explaining himself? :crazy: :p ;) :rolleyes:

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

(Just teasing!)

OK - who else find's it ironic that someone from the Bard's home town had trouble explaining himself? :crazy: :p ;) :rolleyes:

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

(Just teasing!)

Thinking back to my school days and English Literature classes, I always though Bill wrote in riddles

It's worse than that, I went to his school :eek:

Ahh, that explains it then - he taught Mozzer to type in riddles!!

:D

Only joking - I understood it first time, so ner-ner.

Perhaps the title of the thread should have been :-

' Verily and forsooth , some toerag has half inched my sat-nav '

:D

Navman, navman, wherefore art though navman ?

No sat nav light from yonder broken window.

Oh you've got me started now :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom