Blooming Tree Sap! anyone else suffering??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above, is anyone else getting peeved at all this tree sap floating about in the air??

My car sits in the garage but everytime i take her out its been getting covered in the stuff,

She's fairly well polished and tbh the detailer spray is doing a good job removing it between washes but its been like this for around a month and is geting boring lol.

I dont remember last year being as bad or was it?? just wanted to know if i was on my own on this one:doh:

Perhaps the trees think your car is an axe? :)

merc85-albums-s211-e320-cdi-picture9125-p1010221.jpg

I have some sort of stuff on my car for the past few months from a large neighbouring conifer. Not like the usual sticky messy sap, but 2-3mm round dots that adhere to the paintwork. A hot towel will probably ease the dots out of the way. They certainly won't move with the powerful pressure washer we have. :(

As above, is anyone else getting peeved at all this tree sap floating about in the air??

My car sits in the garage but everytime i take her out its been getting covered in the stuff,

She's fairly well polished and tbh the detailer spray is doing a good job removing it between washes but its been like this for around a month and is geting boring lol.

I dont remember last year being as bad or was it?? just wanted to know if i was on my own on this one:doh:

Gav your not alone. Only got 2 piddly trees out front( no garage :'( ) but both cars get covered and you notice more after a good polish and nextdoor and 3 down having building work so sand etc iam well pxxxxx. Anyway I've now got my black e class and just got some poorboys black hole and blue natty paste. Is this all I need? Just says on natty to use sealer before but thought natty was. Only got this as someone on forum recommend. I've got all ag stuff too. I was thinking of poorboys blackhole then ag high gloss sealer then natty paste! What do you think?

After a Polish ive been using Megs Paste wax, Then the detailing spray which i got from a friend who test drives for Jaguar, it come through in a Autoglym 5ltr container wether its AG or not im not to sure tbh but it does a cracking job.

Its just the sap is getting everywhere and after 2 or 3 times of using the detailer im finding the best result is to wash the car again from fresh going through all the normal stages.

Ive not used Poorboys products but a friend of mine does with great results. The AG sealer is very good, sounds like your doing a good job. Just gets abit much doesnt it lol, I dont envy you with a black car in this dam weather. Having a silver car its not to bad but dam anoying when i can feel it over the surface of the body grrrr lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom