Blow out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
bit of a hairy moment saturday night, coming back from a reception in crawley, car was packed with 4 passengers, got onto the m23. ptih black, sped up into the 2nd lane, hitting abt 75mph, next thing i know as in going from 1st lane to 2nd, hitting the cats eyes, my rear tyre blows!!

car seemed to control it very well, steered it to the hard shoulder without a problem.

pitch black, had to take a boot full of ICE out before i got to the spare wheel. Jacked the car up and undone all the bolts, next thing you know the tarmac gave way under the jack and car moved forward! NIGHTMARE!

it was still sitting on the wheel (which was now undone) so i managed to take the jack off and reposition it !

got the spare 17" on, but couldnt get the 18" back in the boot! after getting all the sounds back in, i had to leave the wheel in the back footwell with some squashed passengers!

rear tyre had a 3" gash on the inside wall, new tyre needed! guy at the tyre shop said this is common when your pressure is a little low and you hit a dodgy cats eye!

LESSON OF THE DAY _ always check your tyre pressure before having passengers in your car!

by the way all the other tyre pressures were fine!

pic of rip in tyre to follow!

you were quite lucky...well ish...
I take it you didn't damage the rim then?

I had a blow out a few years ago and rolled my car.

ouch, in that aspect yeah i was lucky, rim was fine no damage there, as soon as it blew i pulled over!

oh well it wasn't too bad then.

still i feel sorry for the passanger with an 18 on his/her lap...

heres what the result of the blowout was....OUCH!

IMG_2893.jpg

Originally posted by white190
oh well it wasn't too bad then.

still i feel sorry for the passanger with an 18 on her lap...

hehehehehe , sorry , i know childish :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom