Blow Up Dolls sales set to Rocket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Following the introduction of Britain's first "car sharing" lane will the sales of Blow Up Dolls rocket as it did in Holland.;) In the US this car share scheme was such a disaster they had to change the designated lanes to multiple occupancy or TOLL:eek: :eek: lanes, since nobody was using them. Road tolls by the back door anyone???:crazy: :crazy: If experience is anything to go by on dual carriageways
bus/taxi lanes= 1 less lane for everybody else, effectively reducing the roads capacity by 50% nice one !!!!!!

Last edited:
I saw the BBC filming on the bridge just after the Bradford junction this morning as I crawled towards Leeds.

To give you a clue as to how bad this stretch of the M62 is I do 5 miles in 40 minutes. The whole journey of 35 miles should take about 45 minutes with no/light traffic.

This scheme has been at work for years in Australia in a few cities, including Brisbane where I used to live. In my opinion they were actually rather good.

The blow up dolls were fun for a while.

Generally speaking they get quite a bit of use. Bus lanes were moved to be parallel to the freeways, rather than consuming a lane. Took a while to build, but made public transport a very popular system indeed.

Like this: http://www.busway.co.nz/images/Figure-2.3.jpg

Shude said:
I saw the BBC filming on the bridge just after the Bradford junction this morning as I crawled towards Leeds.

To give you a clue as to how bad this stretch of the M62 is I do 5 miles in 40 minutes. The whole journey of 35 miles should take about 45 minutes with no/light traffic.

So do you think it will help?

scotth_uk said:
This scheme has been at work for years in Australia in a few cities, including Brisbane where I used to live. In my opinion they were actually rather good.

The blow up dolls were fun for a while.

Generally speaking they get quite a bit of use. Bus lanes were moved to be parallel to the freeways, rather than consuming a lane. Took a while to build, but made public transport a very popular system indeed.

I take it that's the blow up dolls that get quite a bit of use?:devil:

scotth_uk said:

Like this: http://www.busway.co.nz/images/Figure-2.3.jpg
Now imagine that there's no more land to build on, unlike Aus! It's easy really, everyone needs to get one of these and we can have 12 lane motorways in the same amount of land!

Thmsshaun said:
So do you think it will help?
If anything it will make my journey a lot worse if they use an existing lane and I don't happen to find some other fool going from Rochdale to Leeds on a daily basis!

Lucky for me I move to somewhere else entirely in a month or so and I won't have to worry about it.

They are starting to build a car-share lane on the M1 between Luton and the M25.

The cost? £300,000,000.

At least they are not using existing road capacity, but that is a hell of a lot to pay for the 'benefits'. Hopefully after a few years of under-use it will revert to a normal lane, although the M4 bus lane is still with us despite all the derision and queues it generated.

Shude said:
To give you a clue as to how bad this stretch of the M62 is I do 5 miles in 40 minutes.

The problem here is all the people going into Leeds take this route because the other main route between Bradford and Leeds (the A647) already has a high occupancy lane that causes chaos from the Stanningley by pass to Armley.

jeremytaylor said:
They are starting to build a car-share lane on the M1 between Luton and the M25.

The cost? £300,000,000.

At least they are not using existing road capacity, but that is a hell of a lot to pay for the 'benefits'. Hopefully after a few years of under-use it will revert to a normal lane, although the M4 bus lane is still with us despite all the derision and queues it generated.

Budget on Wednesday so whats the betting we are going to be shafted again. I rather suspect that part of the £300,000,000 mentioned above is going to come out of our pockets one way or another.

Ian B Walker said:
Budget on Wednesday so whats the betting we are going to be shafted again. I rather suspect that part of the £300,000,000 mentioned above is going to come out of our pockets one way or another.
Windfall Super Tax on Blow-Up Dolls ?

A SGCT in still my favourite. :D

PJH said:
Windfall Super Tax on Blow-Up Dolls ?

A SGCT in still my favourite. :D

With the amount of them out there taxing for the rest of us non SGC people could be fun :rolleyes:

Shude said:
Now imagine that there's no more land to build on, unlike Aus! It's easy really, everyone needs to get one of these and we can have 12 lane motorways in the same amount of land!

Thats A bloody fast little thing :eek:

Thmsshaun said:
Thats A bloody fast little thing :eek:
I know, did I read a 12 second quarter mile and a 0-60 of 4 seconds? Puts a lot of pretty impressive machinery to shame and it only costs £1.50 for a recharge :D

blow up dolls are very obvious and can easily be seen. same as those clothes dummies!

however i am led to believe that a company that makes something called "Realdolls" make them look lifelike! mind you they are around $5000. apparently.

i suppose i should do a google search and research this avenue of persons!

hmm, i wonder what the name of the company will be........

they do men versions as well, should the ladies need a spare! rumour has it!

Shude said:
I know, did I read a 12 second quarter mile and a 0-60 of 4 seconds? Puts a lot of pretty impressive machinery to shame and it only costs £1.50 for a recharge :D

Electric cars usually deliver this kind of performance. An electric motor delivers the same torque from rest right upto maximum revs (80,000 or so). This means that a fossil fueled vehicle needs to have three times the power output to have the same accelleration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom