Blower motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Capristeve

Car
Ford capri , Mercedes vito soon
Just a query about my new 2007 vito, the heater has 5 speeds, but only works on no.5, any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Often it seems to be the blower motor regulator which is at fault when this occurs.

Ah, thanks, where would that be located if you don't mind me asking, this is my first mercedes, not clued up at all

Don’t know but this might point you in right direction .

How to Test a Mercedes Benz Fan Blower Motor Regulator
  1. Remove the passenger side, lower dash cover under the glove compartment that conceals the blower motor. ...
  2. Disconnect the multi-wire connector from the blower motor resister next to the blower motor.
More items...

How to Test a Mercedes Benz Fan Blower Motor Regulator - It Still Runs

https://itstillruns.com › test-fan-blower-motor-regulator-5...

Search for: How do you test a blower motor regulator on a Mercedes?

Where is the heater blower resistor located?

Image result for where is the blower heater regulator on 2008 mb vito
It's located inside the dash, often on the opposite side of the steering wheel or inside the engine compartment on the firewall. A blower motor resistor or a blower motor control module is the part that

I bought a new blower motor resistor from ebay, when I first fitted it, it worked on all 5 speeds, excellent, so I thought, soon as I started driving the new resistor started smoking I unplugged it and tried the old one, no smoke, still only working on 5, new one back in m, fully working but started smoking again after a few seconds of driving, ive fitted a new fan too, so thats not the cause, are there different resistors for air con and non air con models? I did buy a cheap one, but I've found one on ebay now that says air con,
Auto electrics are the devils work to me! Lol

I bought a new blower motor resistor from ebay, when I first fitted it, it worked on all 5 speeds, excellent, so I thought, soon as I started driving the new resistor started smoking I unplugged it and tried the old one, no smoke, still only working on 5, new one back in m, fully working but started smoking again after a few seconds of driving, ive fitted a new fan too, so thats not the cause, are there different resistors for air con and non air con models? I did buy a cheap one, but I've found one on ebay now that says air con,
Auto electrics are the devils work to me! Lol
The cheap eBay regulators are not worth buying and seem to fail quickly. Buy an original MB one your dealer will be able to identify the precise one you need. When you say you fitted a new fan, do you mean the blower motor and was it an original MB one? Same applies cheap eBay - short or no life at all. But before spending any more dosh, I'd be taking to a respected indie with Star who should be able to home in on the precise problem.

The cheap eBay regulators are not worth buying and seem to fail quickly. Buy an original MB one your dealer will be able to identify the precise one you need. When you say you fitted a new fan, do you mean the blower motor and was it an original MB one? Same applies cheap eBay - short or no life at all. But before spending any more dosh, I'd be taking to a respected indie with Star who should be able to home in on the precise problem

The cheap eBay regulators are not worth buying and seem to fail quickly. Buy an original MB one your dealer will be able to identify the precise one you need. When you say you fitted a new fan, do you mean the blower motor and was it an original MB one? Same applies cheap eBay - short or no life at all. But before spending any more dosh, I'd be taking to a respected indie with Star who should be able to home in on the precise problem.
Thanks for the reply oldguy, yeah I meant the blower motor, and I have to admit it was also an eBay purchase, I noticed the springs inside the resistor were a lot thinner than the ones in the original, like you say i should've gone to MB, that will be my next port of call,
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom