Blower on C180 wont stop.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frog1520

Just started up my C180 after its been sitting few months.

It started right away but the blower motor wasn't on. Checked the use - it was OK.

After running for about 10 minutes, the blower came on, but the 1-5 speed switch has no effect - it always runs at a constant speed.

Turned the engine off, and the blower still runs! Took the fuse out now so it doesnt drain the battery.

Any ideas??

Thanks! :)

Blower Motor

Hi there, had the same problem on my 01 clk and after scouring the net all info pointed to the motor speed controller mounted on the bottom of the heater housing. Changed it ( e bay £25 ) and all's well. Apparently quite common so I hope this helps..

Thanks a lot Dave - I'll have a look and see what I can find! :)

Hi there, had the same problem on my 01 clk and after scouring the net all info pointed to the motor speed controller mounted on the bottom of the heater housing. Changed it ( e bay £25 ) and all's well. Apparently quite common so I hope this helps..

It's very likely to be the blower motor regulator

Yes, that's the part, aka a hedgehog. Amazingly cheap - I wonder why? Best to check for compatibility with your car via a dealer or on one of the parts sites before ordering, or wait for Olly (BlackC55) or another member to advise.

If you think it's the right one, I guess there's only one way for you to find out if it's any good....let me know though, I'll probably need one myself :devil:.

Can I ask, I have changed my hedgehog already and the blower worked for about 6 months on all speeds. (bought off ebay) My blower has now stopped working, I have checked the fuses under the bonnet and they are ok, am I missing another fuse or could it be the regulator? I get heat through when Im driving but I assumed that was what was generated from outside (if that makes sense) I read a thread where it may be the brushes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom