Blower problem w124 / 250TD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straitsex70

Car
250td
Hellow all, my "old girl" is a 1988 250 TD (diesel) WDB1241851F089505 over a million Kms.

For many years the blower fan has stopped after a matter of an hour or so. I can re-start it by turning the ignition off and on and in an hour it will stop again.
In days with high ambient temperatures it will not start at all (30c+ I'm in Spain)

She has no A/C and the fan has had very little use, seems OK. everything else with the heater seems OK.

I have no experience with the ECU and maybe someone knows if it is controling the fan use? or something else?

Thanks in advance.
john

Hellow all, my "old girl" is a 1988 250 TD (diesel) WDB1241851F089505 over a million Kms.

For many years the blower fan has stopped after a matter of an hour or so. I can re-start it by turning the ignition off and on and in an hour it will stop again.
In days with high ambient temperatures it will not start at all (30c+ I'm in Spain)

She has no A/C and the fan has had very little use, seems OK. everything else with the heater seems OK.

I have no experience with the ECU and maybe someone knows if it is controling the fan use? or something else?

Thanks in advance.
john

Its nothing to do with the ECU, its simply just a worn out motor which is quite common and an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom