Blown fuse after water ingress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oneilly

Car
Car
I recently had a number of problems which appeared to be caused by water ingress but I just couldn't locate where and how!

My lights would come on my horn would sound which was a nightmare today I lost all electrics to the car, I suspect the water has blown a fuse!

Previously I had been trying to find the source of the leak under the bonnet around the main Sam, but I had a look in the boot by the battery and found a puddle of water, it looks like the drain channels were full of leaves etc which allowed the water in find it's way into the boot.

My question is, what fuse would have blown?

E280 cdi 2006

Thanks for your help guys!:thumb:

Just to add the key won't turn in the ignition and no lights or power!

Last edited:
Today I totally dried out the boot, there was a fair bit of water around the back of the battery and one of the leads around the neutral cable was wet.

There is also what appears to me as a junction type box at the back, (not Sam) it had water around the area.

I had a Visual check of every fuse, both boot, under the bonnet, but nothing was found?

I still have an engine light on and the car is in limp, before I take it to be sorted by a garage I was wondering if there was anything else I should check?

Thanks again for your time guys!!!

Today I totally dried out the boot, there was a fair bit of water around the back of the battery and one of the leads around the neutral cable was wet.

There is also what appears to me as a junction type box at the back, (not Sam) it had water around the area.

I had a Visual check of every fuse, both boot, under the bonnet, but nothing was found?

I still have an engine light on and the car is in limp, before I take it to be sorted by a garage I was wondering if there was anything else I should check?

Thanks again for your time guys!!!

Open that box… and any other… to check if it needs to be dried out.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom