Blue c43 estate - 2000 - tiptronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny63

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 55 AMG | S211 E280 Cdi Sport
Quite rare to have tiptronic -

Bodywork needs attention in quite a number of places but same owner last 6 years and FSH with 3 keys

http://bit.ly/1ilYzoG

I like it !!

I've been in touch with the seller of the car and he sounds a very honest, genuine bloke.

If anyone's interested, this is what I gleaned from our conversation; The rust is quite bad in places and it's due for a full set of discs and pads all round very soon. Edit: it's also had a replacement gearbox fitted a couple of years ago.

I'm not buying it though, I pick my new AMG up on Tuesday...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
A rare animal indeed, nice colour combo too, and not badly priced either.

I like it too, the gearbox was replaced with one from an S500 in 2010. Shame it's a 4 hour drive for me and it's dark at 4.30 now.

I'm hoping to view it tomorrow or Wednesday. For once there's a decent car I'm interested in that's less than several light years' distance from me!

Good luck - it surely has some road presence :D

Leave your wallet at home? :devil:

Hahaha! I will go with an open mind as there will be money required to fix the problems. That could be stumbling block, depending on the full extent of required fettling.

I think mercedes have dramatically reduced discs on these cars - you could check before going to view but the £209+ vat per side is no longer applicable

Is that part of the country close to salt water or seaside ? The surface rust is quite bad for the year - I'd be more concerned about the impact underneath - jacking points /sills etc

Mileage wouldn't put me off at all mechanically -

The gearbox should be ok if replaced - get it up to speed and pay attention to how it shift up the gears - id also allow it to come to a rolling stop from approx 60-80mph so you can see how it shifts backdown the gears and if tere are any major jolts

Corbridge is 25-30 miles from the coast. You're right the surface rust does look a bigger issue than you might expect and there is always the fear of what lurks beneath. Tip of the iceberg and all that.

A minor issue could be the non-standard head unit and its integration with the Bose amp & speakers.

I saw this car crop up earlier. Is rare considering an estate and triptronic and its well loaded too missing only electric folding mirrors which are easily retrofitable. A shame about the rough body though.

I'd bin the stereo and get a secondhand comand fitted , integrates with the Bose and is a nice non OEM mod.

I was getting quite interested in this car thinking it was in Scotland but mixing your coatbridges and corbridges can present problems as I have an exhibition to run in Edinburgh all next week and driving something interesting home instead of easyjet appealed a lot.

I'm hoping to view it tomorrow or Wednesday. For once there's a decent car I'm interested in that's less than several light years' distance from me!

Did you go and have a look?

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom