Blue Efficiency engines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasonyw

Banned
The current A,B,C and E classes are the only new cars with blue efficiency engines. Where is the incentive to buy any new current SLK and SL car if they still got the old engine(non Blue efficiency). Then there is the Blue efficiency CDI to avoid.

There is a follow up with Blue direct injection engine. When will this be introduced?

It looks like we have to look on the other side(Beemer).

BlueEfficiency is a line of engines which runs in parallel to the main engine line, with economy and low emissions in mind. It is not meant to replace the non-BlueEfficiency engines, just to supplement them. High-end models and sporty models will probabaly never see a BlueEfficiency engine. I would personally avoid the low-torque BlueEfficiency C180K engine (with 1600cc) in favour of the highly-tuned C200k (with higher bhp, torque, and 1800cc). But that's just me.

Other features supporting fuel consumption and low emissions are narrow low-rolling-ressistnace tyre, stop-and-start technology, veriable louvres, streamlines side mirrors etc. But these special featured will always be limited to a certain type of 'BlueEfficiency' cars - and this goes across the board for MB, BMW, VW, and Audi. They all have these models side-by-side with the 'normal' models.

BlueEfficiency is a line of engines which runs in parallel to the main engine line, with economy and low emissions in mind. It is not meant to replace the non-BlueEfficiency engines, just to supplement them. High-end models and sporty models will probabaly never see a BlueEfficiency engine. I would personally avoid the low-torque BlueEfficiency C180K engine (with 1600cc) in favour of the highly-tuned C200k (with higher bhp, torque, and 1800cc). But that's just me.

Other features supporting fuel consumption and low emissions are narrow low-rolling-ressistnace tyre, stop-and-start technology, veriable louvres, streamlines side mirrors etc. But these special featured will always be limited to a certain type of 'BlueEfficiency' cars - and this goes across the board for MB, BMW, VW, and Audi. They all have these models side-by-side with the 'normal' models.

Are you not happy with your C180? I test drove the W204 C180 in December 2007, it got no zoom even though it a 1.8l engine that why I didn't buy it and kept my R170 and bought a second hand W211 instead.

Are you not happy with your C180? I test drove the W204 C180 in December 2007, it got no zoom even though it a 1.8l engine that why I didn't buy it and kept my R170 and bought a second hand W211 instead.

My W203 C180K is 2006 and has 1800cc and 143bhp, which is even less than the early W204 C180K (pre-BlueEfficiency) which had 156bhp.

The car is OKeesh, though not very fast. But that's exactly why I wouldn't go any lower i.e. I wouldn't go for the very low torque engine on the newer W204 180K BlueEfficiency with the 1600cc engine.

Other people may have other preferences, all I am saying is that BlueEfficiency is not necessarily the next model in the pipeline and it is definitely not an 'upgrade' from earlier non-BlueEfficiency cars.

BlueEfficiency and non-BlueEfficiency cars will co-exist for years to come. Some people will be convinced by the economy and low-emissions of the BlueEfficiency range, others with give it a wide berth... to each his own.

The current A,B,C and E classes are the only new cars with blue efficiency engines. Where is the incentive to buy any new current SLK and SL car if they still got the old engine(non Blue efficiency). Then there is the Blue efficiency CDI to avoid. (quote)

I would say that to ignore the CDI engines would be a mistake. They are remarkable engines particularly the 250cdi although I agree that it remains to be seen whether the new injectors have any problems I have not heard of any and my own experience has been encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom