Blue making a comeback?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Just an observation, but I've done England to Scotland and vice versa in the last week, I noticed a lot of Blue 16/17 plates..

Is white now being phased out I wonder

Haven't been on UK roads for a week, so can't confirm the observation. But of the sixteen 17 plate new Mercs when i picked up mine on the 1st there were no blue iirc, a couple of red, the rest mostly black, white and silver. I like blue though, especially with light coloured leather.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

White seemed to be a phase, albeit a long phase...

Some cars suit it, like the multitude of C63s, and a nice set of wheels can enhance the colour. However, after owning a white car for a while I wouldn't have another one through choice, just too much hassle keeping it clean all the time.

I do however have a thing for blue cars at the moment, especially the GLE which was posted up a while ago by Acid. I also know a member on here who has an AMG GTS in that wonderful Designo Blue and it looks stunning.

I think if more colours were offered people would choose them. Much of the MB range is offered in 8-10 shades of monochrome from white through grey to silver to dark grey then a couple of blacks.

There is usually a token red and blue thrown in and anything other that that is an eyewatering option cost and an extra 3 months wait.

Paint them and they will come........

BMW Individual and Audi Exclusive is the one thing that MB is lacking.

Designo is undersold and overpriced in the UK for very limited options.

Audi Exclusive certainly isn't a cheap option!

Audi Exclusive certainly isn't a cheap option!

I paid £5,750 for MB to paint my SL Designo Mystic Blue

The Audi S6 I've ordered is being painted a colour of my choice (anything other than three coat processes) for £2200. One of my choices was MB Designo Mystic Blue (at less than half what MB charge) which seems to appear quite a lot on Audi's. I went with another colour for a change, something a bit brighter and different.

One of the "out of the Box" Audi exclusive colours of which there are over 100 are sub £2000.

So compared to MB it's cheap.

I've never seen prices for BMW Individual so I'm not sure what they charge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom