Blue Sidelights?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by jryans10, Sep 13, 2011.

1. jryans10

jryans10 Member

Car:
    Mercedes-Benz A140
    Hi all,

Recently, I've seen sidelights (the very small bulbs) of cars being completely blue. Just wondered, is this legal? I've always thought they were only allowed to be white or have a slight tint of blue.

Thanks.

2. brucemillar

brucemillar MB Club Veteran

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    I believe they are an MOT failure. That said it never fails to amaze me when you see trucks looking like they crashed into a disco dance floor belting up the road being ignored by the police.

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    jryans10

jryans10 Member

Car:
    Mercedes-Benz A140
    Yeah I thought this was the case. Also I agree with you there, surely trucks should have more strict rules than cars as they can cause more damage.

Thanks.

4. JOB-BLACK-RAT

JOB-BLACK-RAT Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 5 series 'ahem'
    Comes under the construction and use regs co not legal no, if only there was a law for taste as well ;)

And dont worry about the 'disco' wagons, they gets theirs too.

5. Troon

Troon Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A big one
    Paraphrased from the RVLR(1989):

Blue lights are legal on the front (as is any colour except red) provided it does not move, flash, dazzle or look like an emergency services beacon.

However, your mandatory lights (sidelights, headlights etc) must be white. So it's legal (but rather chavvy) to have white sidelights and extra blue lights, but it is definitely illegal to replace your white sidelights with blue ones.

1 person likes this.