Bluestone credit managment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carat 3.6

MB Enthusiast
Car
S124 E300d wagon, W124 om606 monster, E46 v8 coupe
Anyone had anything to do with the above? I received a letter today demanding 5k compensation for a traffic accident in 2007, but offering to "come to an arrangment" if I get in contact with them. :dk:

So firstly, were you involved in an accident in 2007, was it dealt with by your insurance company.

I was in an accident yes, I clipped the back end of a taxi that reversed out infront of me. The car I was driving was insured by the garage I was working for at the time, and as far as I am aware it was sorted out a few weeks later by the garage's insurance company.

Did you have to sign for the letter? Sometimes important letters are sent recorded.

Just write back and ask how much are they willing to pay you

It's nonsense.

You were insured, so why would you pay compensation?

It's nonsense.

If the other party didn't feel that the insurance company had covered their losses (however those might have been caluclated) they could have launched a separate action against the OP. However, I'd have thought he'd have been made aware of this at the time.

Looks like Bluestone is a debt collection company, so this sounds like it could be an outstanding court judgement.

Give the letter to the insurers involved in the claim, or throw it in the bin. Whatever you do, don't respond to it directly.

It's nonsense.

That's what I was thinking, I remember the traders policy went up as a result of it, so the insurance must of covered it. I still do odd jobs for that garage, so I'll see if we can find the paperwork.

If the other party didn't feel that the insurance company had covered their losses (however those might have been caluclated) they could have launched a separate action against the OP. However, I'd have thought he'd have been made aware of this at the time.

Looks like Bluestone is a debt collection company, so this sounds like it could be an outstanding court judgement.

I was'nt aware of any other claim at the time, nor any ccj's. I'll have to look for the paperwork the garage had.

Give the letter to the insurers involved in the claim, or throw it in the bin. Whatever you do, don't respond to it directly.

Like you say, I wont contact them directly. I'll speak to the insurers about it.

Carat

Might be worth going on-line and register with Experien for a free credit check. This will show any CCJ's against you.

Good advice, I have registered with them this morning, just need to wait for a pin number to arrive in the post.:thumb:

Ok, let me update this thread. I've registered for a free credit check with Experien, which shows no ccj's and an excelent credit history.

I have spoken to the garage in question about the insurance papers, the guy I need to see is away till next week, but he has rang the insurance people and requested the file be "dug up" so will know more next week.

I have been doing some searching on the internet about bluestone credit managment, and it seems that this bunch of crooks try this trick alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom