Bluetooth Adapter B67876168

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supersim65

Car
2004 SLK200, 2011 C180 Sport
My 2011 C Class came with the above Bluetooth adapter in the centre console. Which was great.

Yesterday, I took it into the house when I parked because we've had a few car break-ins lately.

Jumped in the car today, forgot the adapter, and all the Bluetooth functions worked as normal. Phone and audio.

Does anyone know what the adapter actually does? Doesn't seem to be adding anything to my system.

It adds nothing. I'd make you an offer, but they sell for such ludicrous prices on eBay that I'd rather do without; the CLS has everything already, and it would be no more than a 'nice-to-have' in the SLK (not that I'd hear it anyway most of the time... :devil:)

My 2011 C Class came with the above Bluetooth adapter in the centre console. Which was great.

Yesterday, I took it into the house when I parked because we've had a few car break-ins lately.

Jumped in the car today, forgot the adapter, and all the Bluetooth functions worked as normal. Phone and audio.

Does anyone know what the adapter actually does? Doesn't seem to be adding anything to my system.
The adapter is part of the convenience phone function in your car. If you are using an iphone then it will download your contacts to the car.

The HF profile adapter should be useless on a car that supports bluetooth HF profile from the head unit. Interesting if an iPhone downloads contacts via the adapter but not if directly connected to the head unit, other phones do it without the adapter.

I thought the main feature of the convenience phone function was the ability to use the external antenna at the roof plus the option to use BT SAP via a compatible adapter.

Ok, so I think I kind of understand. I'm using the adapter when I select 'Convenience Phone' rather than my phone's name.

When I do this, I have a bit of extra support for contact sharing with the car, and there might be something about an antenna boosting signal.

The HF profile adapter should be useless on a car that supports bluetooth HF profile from the head unit. Interesting if an iPhone downloads contacts via the adapter but not if directly connected to the head unit, other phones do it without the adapter.

I thought the main feature of the convenience phone function was the ability to use the external antenna at the roof plus the option to use BT SAP via a compatible adapter.
Indeed this is true but not all head units use the BT HF profile. For instance NTG 4 on the W204 does not download contacts unless you use an HFP with convenience phone.

The cars antenna definitely gets used if using a SAP cradle (iphones dont support SAP though) not sure with the HFP to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom