Bluetooth and text messages.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobC

Car
C180 Kompressor Classic SE
Hi folks, got a W203 with bluetooth fitted and audio 20.

Is there a way of reading text messages recieved when in the car.

At the moment, the wee envelope icon pops up to let you know a text has been recieved, but even when the phone is disconnected (i.e. taken into the house) the text does not appear on the phone and can't be read from the audio 20. It just seems to disapear.

Any ideas?

Hi folks, got a W203 with bluetooth fitted and audio 20.

Is there a way of reading text messages recieved when in the car.

At the moment, the wee envelope icon pops up to let you know a text has been recieved, but even when the phone is disconnected (i.e. taken into the house) the text does not appear on the phone and can't be read from the audio 20. It just seems to disapear.

Any ideas?

Are you using a BT SAP adapter? You would find the messages from your (phone) SIM directory when you disconnect from the car.

I don't know about Audio 20 but Comand can read and show text messages (when used with BT SAP).

Are you using a BT SAP adapter? You would find the messages from your (phone) SIM directory when you disconnect from the car.

I don't know about Audio 20 but Comand can read and show text messages (when used with BT SAP).

just to further what Diesel Benz has said......I too can read the messages on the comand but if I'm driving or forget I can read them on the phone later by selecting:

(Nokia phone) Messaging, options, SIM Messaging, then copy them to the Inbox

Thanks folks, not for reading whilst driving.
Found the messages on the sim after excellent advice above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom