bluetooth audio NTG4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suty455

Car
E350 CDI
All looking for an answer to this please I have what I think is an NTG4 in my E350 CDI 2011 model, It has the stupid memory card holder which is missing but it does have 7 digit Postcode search with DAB and seems to be up to date on the mapping, bluetooth phone works fine but I cant figure out if it can play Audio via Bluetooth, I have the little holder and a cable for an Apple phone (older type) in the centre console with a socket to plug in maybe I should just buy an old IPOD and use that, if I do would it mute etc to answer bluetooth calls?

Mine is a 2012 C350, ntg4.5, I can play Bluetooth audio from my phone via Spotify etc
You have to select which device to use for Bluetooth audio...

Mine is a 2012 C350, ntg4.5, I can play Bluetooth audio from my phone via Spotify etc
Hi is this from the media Tab, I have Radio, CD (6cds built in), DVD, Memory card, Media but not bluetooth, if I select Media not a lot happens there are a couple more but I can remember them just now

NTG4 does not have 7 digit postcode entry, only 5 - I have NTG4 with latest firmware/maps and it's still 5 digit postcode. Suggest you give comand.co.uk a call with your VIN to see what you have and what you need to achieve what you want to achieve.

Assuming your car has COMAND (and not Audio20), then:

If the unit has the large PCMCIA slot, then it's NTG4. Post-2010 unit can have the software updated to support 7-digit postcode (as yours does).

If it has a small SD-Card slot, it's NTG4.5.

NTG4 does not have native support for music streaming over Bluetooth, though it might be able to do that if the optional Convenience Telephony Option is installed (in the centre armrest) - I do not know.

Last edited:
Hi is this from the media Tab, I have Radio, CD (6cds built in), DVD, Memory card, Media but not bluetooth, if I select Media not a lot happens there are a couple more but I can remember them just now
Assuming your car has COMAND (and not Audio20), then:

If the unit has the large PCMCIA slot, then it's NTG4. Post-2010 unit can have the software updated to support 7-digit postcode (as yours does).

If it has a small SD-Card slot, it's NTG4.5.

NTG4 does not have native support for music streaming over Bluetooth, though it might be able to do that if the optional Convenience Telephony Option is installed (in the centre armrest) - I do not know.
Yes it has that installed and it is fitted with the silly oversize card slot for a holder or Compact flash card i think 32gb is the limit from research, I have the Iphone lead as I said so have just bought a used 120gb ipod classic which can live in there for its remaining life, do you know if calls will still come through if playing music via the ipod?
Another question I have is about the console dial, it has 2 movements one where you nudge the dial in whatever direction you want it to go ie up down the screen etc but the dial also rotates yet the rotation does nothing that I can see is this normal? Also the steering buttons cant change CD tracks but they do change radio stations again is this normal?

Rotation doing nothing is a well known problem, it means the little plastic shaft has broken. Have a look here for starters, scroll down to the videos at the bottom :

Some folk have done the repair themselves, with my sausage fingers I chickened out and had it done by a local ICE mob, they charged me £120.

Rotation doing nothing is a well known problem, it means the little plastic shaft has broken. Have a look here for starters, scroll down to the videos at the bottom :

Some folk have done the repair themselves, with my sausage fingers I chickened out and had it done by a local ICE mob, they charged me £120.
ordered

bit cheaper as well looks simple enough

Sorted the Bluetooth it was as simple as entering the Engineering menu and activating it! ahh well got a 120gb Ipod for nothing lol

NTG 4 in W212/W207 can support seven digit postcode. It can also support Bluetooth audio streaming.

Being 2011 it could be NTG4 or a model year 2012 with NTG 4.5.

NTG 4 in a W204 is not the same as NTG4 in W212/W218/W207

NTG 4 in W212/W207 can support seven digit postcode. It can also support Bluetooth audio streaming.

Being 2011 it could be NTG4 or a model year 2012 with NTG 4.5.

NTG 4 in a W204 is not the same as NTG4 in W212/W218/W207
so fixed the twiddle stick now have full "command" working again, I thought it was a stupid system when I first got then car now it makes sense love it

so fixed the twiddle stick now have full "command" working again, I thought it was a stupid system when I first got then car now it makes sense love it
What are you using for Navigation? I’m assuming the in built navigation maps are old, 2011 or 2012? So totally out of date.

What are you using for Navigation? I’m assuming the in built navigation maps are old, 2011 or 2012? So totally out of date.
Maps are up to date previous owner had it fully serviced at MB and updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom