Bluetooth audio streaming kit recommendations!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AidoMc

Car
'05 C270 cdi
Alright Lads,

I've got a c270 ' 05 w203 and I want to add a Bluetooth kit which is able to stream music from my phone .

There is a uhi port under the centre armrest to connect to, but all I can find is the viseeO mb4 unit which would be perfect but it doesn't stream audio!.

The earlier mb3 unit did stream on a FM wavelength but it was discontinued due to it been unreliable.

Any solutions out there, not looking for a parrot kit or anything that will clutter up the dash.

Any advice would be great!

Cheer's!.

Speak to ComandOnline. They have a couple of fibre options that integrate.

I suspect that you would have to lose the MB Bluetooth though as they usually include the phone connection with them.

Simplest would be your choice of adaptor in the UHI for phone calls assuming you want to use the steering wheel controls etc, I have no issues with the MB one, and then one of these or similar plugged into the aux socket for your tunes...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Bluetooth-Receiver-Streaming-Handsfree/dp/B00HLC8I5Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444128512

It has the all important aptX so the quality will be good unlike a lot of bluetooth devices and can be hidden from view easily for just £30. It also does calls if you weren't bothered about using the headunit etc for that.

Nice one mate, That's a great cheap option!!

I use this in my w203 c class 2005.

Connects up to 2 phones, can answer phone, and forward and reverse by pressing buttons. I took off the centre console and plugged in an AUX port and left that in the ash tray.

I plug in this unit. Connects to my Android phone when I get in and I play audiobooks and music through it.

I can use the volume controls on the steering wheel.

The cables are thin and fragile, so needs a little protection. Worth a look at BigIans, his looks like it has chunkier cables and they are detachable too!

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack (3.5 mm): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Last edited:
jpod said:
I use this in my w203 c class 2005. Connects up to 2 phones, can answer phone, and forward and reverse by pressing buttons. I took off the centre console and plugged in an AUX port and left that in the ash tray. I plug in this unit. Connects to my Android phone when I get in and I play audiobooks and music through it. I can use the volume controls on the steering wheel. The cables are thin and fragile, so needs a little protection. Worth a look at BigIans, his looks like it has chunkier cables and they are detachable too! Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack (3.5 mm): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
I also use the kino I. Very good bit of kit

I've got a Mercedes a160 and as far as I can tell the only phono socket is in the glove compartment. With the Kino it looks like I'd have to open the compartment and plug it in every time I got into the car. Is there an alternative that I could just close away in the glove compartment?

Ta

Joe

I've got a Mercedes a160 and as far as I can tell the only phono socket is in the glove compartment. With the Kino it looks like I'd have to open the compartment and plug it in every time I got into the car. Is there an alternative that I could just close away in the glove compartment?

Ta

Joe

Most MBs have it in the glovebox, why do you think you'd have to unplug it?

Pleasure hope it serves you well.

to throw another question into the mix and hoping the knowledgable here have an answer.

I have a W208 with the Audio 10 head unit. There's no USB/Aux but there is the nokia kit fitted in the centre console armrest. i know i can get the Viseeo unit for phonecalls (but doesn't stream), so is anyone aware of a way to get audio streaming into this system setup.

thanks in advance.

i did think i might have to go down the FM transmitter route but was somehow hoping i wouldn't. maybe it's time to install a separate power socket and have this all neatly hidden away somewhere.

Viseeo also have the tune2air product which should do what you need it too, there are a number of variants.

I have the older WMA1000 model which plugs into my ipod 30 pin connector and you can control via steering wheel.

Bonus is that it works with the MB4 too, so you can stream and answer your phone on hands free.

The fairer half has a Viseeo Tune2air and it works really well. As Alps says steering wheel remote works and sound quality is excellent. FM transmitter type Bluetooth gizmos sound absolutely pants compared to the Viseeo. Plus it's easy to hide behind a panel as it's pretty small too

The tine2air only works for a usb or aux input though which I don't have unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom