Bluetooth Audio Streaming on 2010 CLS 219

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siremastimus

Car
2010 350 CDi CLS Grand
Hi All

Is there a way to add bluetooth Audio Streaming to a 2010 Grand Edition 350 CLS with Comand 2.5 without using the ipod connection in the glovebox, ie through a firmware update or using the phone cradle in the centre console?

Reason I ask is that I would quite like to keep the ipod permanently plugged in but would be nice to play the odd track from my phone without having to disconnect everything or if someone else is in the car and wants to play something from their phone which could be a Samsung etc?

Thanks

Could try a 30 pin Bluetooth adapter that plugs on to the iPod connection lead but then you couldn't keep your phone constantly plugged in.

They are very cheap on fleebay

Yeah I have seen a few that operate that way but would rather use the phone cradle in the armrest or a firmware update to enable this if its possible though on comand 2.5? Thanks

Hi All

Is there a way to add bluetooth Audio Streaming to a 2010 Grand Edition 350 CLS with Comand 2.5 without using the ipod connection in the glovebox, ie through a firmware update or using the phone cradle in the centre console?

Reason I ask is that I would quite like to keep the ipod permanently plugged in but would be nice to play the odd track from my phone without having to disconnect everything or if someone else is in the car and wants to play something from their phone which could be a Samsung etc?

Thanks

Yes there is.

You will need Media interface fitted if you don't already have it. then you add the media interface plus box which gives you Bluetooth streaming from pretty much any device plus you can still have the ipod plugged in aswell.

Media Interface Plus | Mercedes iPod solutions | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

Ah great thanks, I saw this on your website earlier but wasnt aware that it still allowed to have a device plugged in?

Just to check as we'll is there no option to add this facility to the Comand unit as is through engineering mode and possible firmware update. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom