Bluetooth connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
I know this is an old subject and there are countless post and many links to the internet, but the more I dig around the more confused it becomes.
So here goes.

2006 C55 W203 with Audio 20 (6 CD stack in glove box) , Harman Kandon Logic 7 surround system.

The VeDoc from the factory states '819 MP3 Capable' , the steering wheel and dashboard both have telephone controls and there is a small black microphone fitted on the light/sunroof cluster above the driver. it also has the 'shoe' connector in the arm rest.

Now as far as I can make out by simply adding the correct Bluetooth adapter I will be able to use any Bluetooth enabled phone to make and receive calls....yes ?

So far so good...but what about streaming music from my iPhone SE...is that something else entirely ?

I do not want a whole mess of wires and plugs all over the place.

Can anyone who has the same set up help ?

Cheers.

I know this is an old subject and there are countless post and many links to the internet, but the more I dig around the more confused it becomes.
So here goes.

2006 C55 W203 with Audio 20 (6 CD stack in glove box) , Harman Kandon Logic 7 surround system.

The VeDoc from the factory states '819 MP3 Capable' , the steering wheel and dashboard both have telephone controls and there is a small black microphone fitted on the light/sunroof cluster above the driver. it also has the 'shoe' connector in the arm rest.

Now as far as I can make out by simply adding the correct Bluetooth adapter I will be able to use any Bluetooth enabled phone to make and receive calls....yes ?

So far so good...but what about streaming music from my iPhone SE...is that something else entirely ?

I do not want a whole mess of wires and plugs all over the place.

Can anyone who has the same set up help ?

Cheers.

819 refers to your CD changer in the glove compartment.

you simply need the Mercedes HFP adapter to have your iphone work for telephony;

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes_Bluetooth_HFP.html

For music from the iphone you will need the Mercedes ipod kit which is here;

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/mercedes_ipod_ntg2.html

If you have an iphone 5/6/7 then you will need a genuine Apple lightning to 30 pin converter or one of those small 30 pin bluetooth dongles.

Plenty of used HFP adapters on ebay at less than half new price.

HFP adapter on its way from Fleabay when (IF !!) it arrives I will let all know how I get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom