Bluetooth connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr tibbs

Car
S211 E320 Estate
Hi All.
I have a 2005 (55) E320 cdi s211 with Comand. I had my old phone connected to the head unit but when my phone died I have replaced it with a newer model (Samsung) and I seem unable to pair the two together.
Can anyone offer any help, advice or encouragement please?
TIA

Keith

You sure you had a Blutooth connection ? Was the old phone a small Nokia model which sat on a unit in the centre locker between the front seats? If so not a Bluetooth connection. My 2008 E class did not have Command, just the Nokia mobile connected to in car hands free, but my 2007 ML has Command and no Blutooth which was not available until the 2008 model as far as I know.

my 05 has it , but i need the bluetooth adapter that sits in said pocket.

There are two types of Bluetooth adaptors; one is essentially mimicking a headset, the other clones the SIM card.

Most smart phones won't let you clone them, they only work with the headset type adaptor. - Maybe this is the problem?

(I've got both, but only use the Viseeo with my OnePlus for exactly this reason.)

Thanks for the replies chaps. This car has a phone looking thing in the center arm rest, but I am certain that when we got the car I paired the old phone using the bluetooth feature in the head unit. I am unsure if there are to many phones paired already and if so does anyone know how to delete all previous phones please?
TIA

Keith

You may have paired your old phone with the head unit but that bluetooth connection does not provide hands free calls.

You do need to pair your phone with that thing at the centre arm rest. First try to figure out if the adapter in the arm rest is a BT SAP profile device or a BT HF profile device and check if your phone supports SAP (for the first option). New Android phones should work.

Thanks for the replies. I have now torn out all my hair....... I have tried all sorts of ways to pair my phone with the unit in the car, but to no avail. My phone (Samsung J3) can see the car phone but the car phone cannot see my phone, it used to connect with my old Samsung phone but not this one. I seem to remember that the pairing process was simple with the old phone and can't believe this new one should be so difficult...
Any more thoughts please

Keith

Could you detach "the pone looking thing" from the UHI connector at the centre armrest and read the part number and post it here. It would be important to know the exact type before the correct pairing instructions can be given.

Thanks for the replies. I have now torn out all my hair....... I have tried all sorts of ways to pair my phone with the unit in the car, but to no avail. My phone (Samsung J3) can see the car phone but the car phone cannot see my phone, it used to connect with my old Samsung phone but not this one. I seem to remember that the pairing process was simple with the old phone and can't believe this new one should be so difficult...
Any more thoughts please

Keith
Sounds daft bit have you changed the setting on you phone to visable so car can find it had that problem first time i tried it on my work van

Sorry cnt help with ur post, i have a similar problem with my 08 c220. My fone connects via Bluetooth to the car and works wen in a fone call but the problem is i cnt seem to connect my fone book to the car so wen the fone rings it just shows a number on the screen so i dnt know whos calling and to ring out i have to go into my fone and select the number to call out really annoying.

Sorry cnt help with ur post, i have a similar problem with my 08 c220. My fone connects via Bluetooth to the car and works wen in a fone call but the problem is i cnt seem to connect my fone book to the car so wen the fone rings it just shows a number on the screen so i dnt know whos calling and to ring out i have to go into my fone and select the number to call out really annoying.
Same with mine copy contact's on phone to sim then it should copy to head unit

Could you detach "the pone looking thing" from the UHI connector at the centre armrest and read the part number and post it here. It would be important to know the exact type before the correct pairing instructions can be given.
Sorry, just picked this up. I will go and have a look shortly and report back.... Thanks

20180315_115426.jpg Tried to remove the phone looking thingy in the center armrest without success, I don't want to break it....
Took a photo of it as it is installed so hope this helps to identify it.

View attachment 75386 Tried to remove the phone looking thingy in the center armrest without success, I don't want to break it....
Took a photo of it as it is installed so hope this helps to identify it.

Time to get a hoover :p

You need to press that little button near the Mercedes star to release it IIRC.

That should be the easier option to pair with a modern phone, but perhaps it's waiting for you to input a code? - I got a manual for one of those with the gubins that came with my car... but no adaptor (so I installed an MB2)

Mr Tibbs. No need to remove it.
The 'Bluetooth' symbol at the bottom is in fact a button. Hold it down for a few seconds until the blue light starts flashing fast.
Then search for bluetooth devices on your phone and you will find something like 'MB Bluetooth' or 'MB Phone System' - connect to that, the pairing code is 62872
Cheers
Richard

Richard..... Spot on buddy, thanks so much. It took me all of 30 seconds :)
It's easy when you know how eh?
Thanks again for your help.

Keith

Comand.co.uk to the rescue again for an MB ICE/Comand/Phone problem - now there's a surprise!!:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom