Bluetooth connector for E280 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevin Beach

Car
E Class 280
I have a 2007 E280 CDI Avantgarde Automatic.

I am trying to find the right Bluetooth adaptor to go into the phone cradle, to use with my iPhone 7. I imagine that the cradle was made for one of the Nokia phones, but I can't tell.

One article recommended the ViseeO MBU3000, but other articles suggest that that is for models up to 2005 only.

Does anybody have any suggestions, please?

Thank you, garrycat. I seem to have an oddity in my car, though. Here are two more pics: one of the back of the cradle and the other of the base below the cradle.

There is supposed to be a button that I can press to release the unit, but the only thing that resembles a button (the fingernail-shaped object in the second picture) is immovable, even with a drift and a soft-headed hammer!

I'm beginning to wonder whether the cradle (which the label says is for a Blackberry, and not for a Nokia as I thought at first) is hard-wired and not convertible.

Merc phone cradle 3.jpg Merc phone cradle 5.jpg

Its not hard wired. It unclips and yours is for a Blackberry only.

Press the recessed button on the face of the cradle and slide it backwards.

You need to find a Mercedes HFP adapter (part number ending in 0000). Sadly Mercedes have stopped making these now and the Viseeo cradles have been out of production for about two years now.

I eventually found the tiny button inside the cradle itself, and have managed to free it from the base.

Thank you, Alfie, for your advice. Your company also replied to my direct email enquiry. I've ordered a secondhand HFP B6 788 000 on eBay and I hope it will work. Expensive, aren't they? They're going at around the £200 mark and most of them are in Germany, Bulgaria or the USA. I found one at £205 from a supplier in Warrington.

All resolved now. Thanks to those who helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom