Bluetooth cradles and newer phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polko

Car
2005 E280 CDi
I am about to buy a cradle for a pre-wired 2005 E Class we have just bought..

I have a Sony Ericsson W950i and wife has 850i. The HFP cradle is said to work with the 850i (and i assume the 950i as it has much the same software driving it)..

But, we are also due to change phones.. me to a Samsung Tocco probably..

Anyone any knowledge whether the HFP cradle is still ok with this, or should i go for the newer SAP cradle?

I have a Sony Ericsson W950i and wife has 850i. The HFP cradle is said to work with the 850i (and i assume the 950i as it has much the same software driving it)..

Anyone any knowledge whether the HFP cradle is still ok with this, or should i go for the newer SAP cradle?

The SAP cradle is actually older than the HF adapter, or do you mean the newer version of the SAP adapter?

I did not check the SAP support for Samsung but HF profile support on phones is almost standard (as long as they have BT) while SAP support is limited (most SAP capable phones also support HF). I would go for the SAP adapter if the phone supported it but the HF option would allow a wider selection of phones.

I used to have a W950i before i got my iphone :rock:
The HFP cradle will work but its funny with the phonebook contacts, mine would read some and not others, no pattern though. All my contacts were on the phone. Really strange but i could make and recieve calls.

As far as i know, and I am fairly certain, the Tocco (F480) does not have a SAP profil so will not work with the SAP adaptor.

You have the choice of the ViseeO MBU-2000 and the Mercedes HFP, both should work with the phones you have listed. Don't know about the contacts but with my old samasung I had to send them to the MBU-2000 manually which wouldn't have been an option on the HFP.

On a side note, you might want to have a look at the I900 Omnia. Roughly the same size, same camera, but windows operated.

Hi Polko

You should be able to get away with using the Viseeo unit (MBU2000), I have one brand new with the lastest software and bluetooth firmware to support the I phone which i never got around to using

Let me know if your intrested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom