Bluetooth Cradles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyN

Just defected from a BMW M5 to an ML63 and have to say the bluetooth side of things is just not confusing enough on this side of the fence.
Car im getting does have telephone pre-wiring but no one seems to be able to tell me what i need to enable bluetooth.
Do you have to buy a specific cradle for your phone? I have a Blackberry 8800.
Thanks in advance

Just defected from a BMW M5 to an ML63 and have to say the bluetooth side of things is just not confusing enough on this side of the fence.
Car im getting does have telephone pre-wiring but no one seems to be able to tell me what i need to enable bluetooth.
Do you have to buy a specific cradle for your phone? I have a Blackberry 8800.
Thanks in advance

I think you will find that BMW's implementation of bluetooth support is far better than Mercedes :( . As far as I am aware there isnt a cradle available which supports the Blackberry. If the blackberry is SAP compatible then the bluetooth cradle will support it. Otherwise, its not going to work in the car.:(

If, as stated, it supports the 8707 and 8700 then it will.

Hi Andy, this should indeed give you the connection you are looking for. However, before purchasing the Hands-free profile unit (that you linked to), you might consider checking out whether the SAP profile is available to you (i.e. whether your phone supports the SAP profile). This will give you a much higher quality phoning experience than the HFP unit can achieve. If you go this route (SAP) you need the Version 2 unit that has just been launched.

There are links knocking around on other threads in this section that will point you to webistes detailing which devices support SAP.

Philip

Hi Andy, this should indeed give you the connection you are looking for. However, before purchasing the Hands-free profile unit (that you linked to), you might consider checking out whether the SAP profile is available to you (i.e. whether your phone supports the SAP profile). This will give you a much higher quality phoning experience than the HFP unit can achieve. If you go this route (SAP) you need the Version 2 unit that has just been launched.

There are links knocking around on other threads in this section that will point you to webistes detailing which devices support SAP.

Philip

I'm 90% sure that the blackberries dont support SAP.

If it's of any help, I've just got a '56 plate W203 etstate with latest comand and phone prep. The choice seemed to be down to getting a specific cradle for something like a Nokia 6230i (I like Nokia's but not this old dinosaur) or risk a small fortune on the new Bluetooth SAP Version 2 module.

I'm now the proud owner of a Bluetooth Cradle part no. B6 787 5877, which I was told will work with virtually every phone. Works a treat with my Nokia 6280 and dowloads all the contacts etc. £250 instead of £350, which is still alot of money - makes you wonder how they had the nerve to try and charge me £15 for a duplicate service history book (which they lost) and then £2.50 to stamp it! Cheeky buggers.

the bluetooth sap1 or sap2 should be compatible,your local dealer should be able to advice on this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom