Bluetooth Handsfree Profile and UHI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks just like the functionality of the US bluetooth interface .. which is also roughly that price (but IS one looks like the european one, i.e shiny)

I'll try and get an updated list from dealer tommorow and update my document at www.mercupgrades.com with part numbers

R

Hi,

My V1 cradle(s) do not download the phonebook, another chaps does. So its inconsistant. I strongly suggest the V2 cradle. Buy it from European dealer, it will work out the same price (ish) as the discounted V1 cradle I think. MB of nottingham obviously bought a few too many of the V1 cradles and got overstocked. I beleive the Uk dealer margin on V1/V2 cradles is 20% .. so they are taking a loss on them to shift them ..

The HFP cradle that is in the link above is not available yet, and my dealer couldn't even find the part number in the latest bluetooth document from their system ...

Richard

That MB Miltonkeynes webshop certainly seems to be ahead of the other dealers when it comes to UHI cradles. When I went into my local dealer to order the V3 RAZR cradle they asked me where I had heard about it as they had no idea it was available.

Just incase anyone was interested in more info on the Bluetooth HFP unit
http://www.whnet.com/4x4/phones_Mar12007.html
So...does that article refer to two different bluetooth modules - the HFP one and the SAP one?

I'm guessing is that the SAP uses the cars external aerial etc, whereas the HFP kit is somewhat dumbed down and relies more on the phone?

Adding Blackberry support must be huge though - *everyone* in the US, and quite a lot of people here, seem to use one!

Yes it does, 1st section is HFP, 2nd SAP. It seems this HFP one is very similar to the US cradle (excpet US cradle looks nice like EU SAP cradle) as that one does Blackberry as-well.
(ps, thanks for that link!)

Note the HFP is 250 Euros in Europe inc VAT and £200 inc vat here - ever felt ripped off ??

MB of MK is MB owned dealership (actually, head office) so unsurprisingly they have an advantage over their dealers ..

No doubt in about 6 months there will be a SAP V3 cradle that does SAP and HFP and we'll be all wanting that :) (must check if the SAP cradle supports HFP)

R

So...does that article refer to two different bluetooth modules - the HFP one and the SAP one?

I'm guessing is that the SAP uses the cars external aerial etc, whereas the HFP kit is somewhat dumbed down and relies more on the phone?

Adding Blackberry support must be huge though - *everyone* in the US, and quite a lot of people here, seem to use one!

oh good :) at last blackberry support. maybe mercedes arent living in the dark ages after all.

MB of MK is MB owned dealership (actually, head office) so unsurprisingly they have an advantage over their dealers ..

Just FYI, from another thread, a few days ago:
Milton Keynes is a Sytner Dealership. DCUK sold it years ago when the whole network was reorganised into regions.

Spoke to MBMK a few few minutes ago - they expect to receive it in a couple of weeks, No further info as yet beyond what is on the website

I have the USA version of the soon to be here Handset profile bluetooth cradle, that looks like the UK SAP cradles (i.e nice and shiny rather than the dull black one)

I've just tried it with my Nokia 6300 in a my A class (DVD comand), and it works great, downloads the phone book and call histories as-well. It didnt work so well with my old 6230i

So I suspect that this new cradle will do the same. Or just buy the US one ..

(I have a spare , unused US one for anyone who can't wait or wants it to look pretty, Ebay seems to be around $350 if you buy this in the US) (pictures at www.wireless4mb.com click on connectivity options and its the MHI bluetooth interface module)

Richard

Mine arrive today .. seems to work OK lets see how it goes the next few days.

Got it from MB of Milton Keynes using their web shop.
Some slight issues but not sure if it is the phone at the moment .. using a number of different Sony Ericsson K750i, K800i as well as W850i

N73 and Mercedes Bluetooth V2

Hi..

I successfully paired my N73 and V2 cradle on my CLS yesterday

I must say it wasn't straight forward as it didn't recognised the phone initially. I had to reset COMAND a couple of times and repeat the process before it finally paired successfully. Phonebook was downloaded, but had to be d/l again this morning

Is there a procedure to d/l the phonebook permanently to the car?

thanks to all

Dialing 0000 downloaded the phonebook permanently to mine

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom