bluetooth handsfree software CARPC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJNash

Car
1998 c200 Ele
Hey,

Im currently putting together a Car PC, Pics to come :p
im want to be able to awnser calls, dial and see who calling through a touch screen, does anyone know of any software capible to achive this ?

Good luck with this sounds like a good project.

In terms of phone software that works well with a PC, I'd recommend Floats Mobile Agent for Sony Ericsson phones (http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm), its free to download and I find it excellent. It syncs phonebooks, allows sending of texts, and also allows you to place/answer calls from mouseclicks.

Obviously you'd need some sort of touch sensitive screen and UI software to interpret your finger prods - maybe someone else on the forum can help.

Andy

im almost finished with the setting up, i just need to get this phone buisness sorted b4 i install, i have two nokia phones and will get a bluetooth dongle, i just need to find software where u can seee whos call on screen and awnser or not at a click (like new tom tom)

i would get a tdk usb one.. with the widcomm bluetooth stack as this has the audio gateway enabled so you can get voice and mic over bluetooth to the pair'ed mobile..

if you have xp with sp2 you need to delete the file bth.inf from c:\windows\inf (hidden folder) so you can install the widcomm stack.. as the m$ one does not have the audio gateway........

turbominor said:
i would get a tdk usb one.. with the widcomm bluetooth stack as this has the audio gateway enabled so you can get voice and mic over bluetooth to the pair'ed mobile..

if you have xp with sp2 you need to delete the file bth.inf from c:\windows\inf (hidden folder) so you can install the widcomm stack.. as the m$ one does not have the audio gateway........

O right, does the software support what im try to achive ?

Thanks

half! it supports the audio in and out from the pc to the phone.. that the biggest battle.

as for caller id... it in theory could be done, as the phone does output the number data using at+ commands if paired in handsfree mode over the bluetooth data to the bluetooth receiver... I have evaluated car kits and headsets with caller id displays so i know the data is there...

if you could get the caller id string from the phone an app could be writain to link that to the windows address book.... but i am no programmer..

dialing numbers is acheive again using at+ commands.. eg atdt12345 would send an attention command then tone dial and the numbers 12345..

this is how the ck3100 and above parrott car kits control the phone and also display the caller id..

Right sotware found :p

parts on order and a week off work ... what could go wrong :)

Expect pics !

turbominor said:
as for caller id... it in theory could be done, as the phone does output the number data using at+ commands if paired in handsfree mode over the bluetooth data to the bluetooth receiver... I have evaluated car kits and headsets with caller id displays so i know the data is there...

if you could get the caller id string from the phone an app could be writain to link that to the windows address book.... but i am no programmer..

The bluetooth system in my bmw even plays the MP3 ringtone through the car speakers , so there must be a hell of a lot of stuff there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom