Bluetooth headphones opinions & recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All free weights set up in my garage, when the weather is good I train in my side yard.

I see, I am WFH and listen to Planet Rock all day, so I bought a Echo Studio and Sub Woofer, I can now rattle the windows in my Office (Conservatory), I would suggest that you could do the same in your Garage!:cool::)

Can you not attach one of the larger ear plugs onto the right one and leave the left as it is.
I assume you’ve twisted it once it’s in the ear to tighten them ?
Used them this morning - 100% better, might be just that there needs to be a bit of moulding between ear and plug.

Bit of an update: getting used to the fit of them after a week, the trick I find works is to literally twist until they feel comfortable - the left ear one points north east and the right one point south west!

I don't know if you are able to change the tips but I find the foam types to be the best for comfort and sound quality.
I tried a few different types on my wired Blon BL-03 (amazing sound quality for the price) but the foam ones are best not only for fit and hence sound but comfort too.
Try Comply as a starting point.
The extreme option is to make your own ear moldings using Sugru - Custom Full-ear Silicone Earpieces Via the Magic of Sugru!

I don't know if you are able to change the tips but I find the foam types to be the best for comfort and sound quality.
I tried a few different types on my wired Blon BL-03 (amazing sound quality for the price) but the foam ones are best not only for fit and hence sound but comfort too.
Try Comply as a starting point.
The extreme option is to make your own ear moldings using Sugru - Custom Full-ear Silicone Earpieces Via the Magic of Sugru!
I don’t know if they’ve softened or it’s my ears but they’re a lot more comfy now after a week of wearing them.

Bit of an update: getting used to the fit of them after a week, the trick I find works is to literally twist until they feel comfortable - the left ear one points north east and the right one point south west!
One other big difference I forgot to add between these and the AirPods is the range - anything above 12ft and the Bose cut out whereas the AirPods are more than double that which is surprising.

On the subject of Bluetooth/wireless headphones, I'm trying to find something for this old grunter who has significant losses of the higher audio frequencies, right down to the top end of the speech band (Presbycusis). Everything's fine up to around 2kHz and starts to fall away rapidly at around 6kHz. I need something to let me watch TV without having the subtitles on most of the time, as well as providing a better range for listening to music. I've seen some over and in-ear phones that say they have tone control, but they turn out to be no more than a button to add a bit of treble. I've tried similar crude software 'equalisers' on various systems and found them to be pretty useless. Any suggestions for what may provide a suitable alternative to getting a hearing aid, which itself may not be sufficient?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the subject of Bluetooth/wireless headphones, I'm trying to find something for this old grunter who has significant losses of the higher audio frequencies, right down to the top end of the speech band (Presbycusis). Everything's fine up to around 2kHz and starts to fall away rapidly at around 6kHz. I need something to let me watch TV without having the subtitles on most of the time, as well as providing a better range for listening to music. I've seen some over and in-ear phones that say they have tone control, but they turn out to be no more than a button to add a bit of treble. I've tried similar crude software 'equalisers' on various systems and found them to be pretty useless. Any suggestions for what may provide a suitable alternative to getting a hearing aid, which itself may not be sufficient?
What exactly are you looking for? Over the ear or in the ear?

My 85 year old grandad is deaf as a door post but his £50 Bluetooth over the ear headphones work fine for him.

What exactly are you looking for? Over the ear or in the ear?

My 85 year old grandad is deaf as a door post but his £50 Bluetooth over the ear headphones work fine for him.
I tend to prefer over the ear, but willing to try in the ear if something suitable is out there. As I said, I don’t need the whole frequency range boosting, I need to be able to hear the higher frequencies. It’s the most common hearing problem for us old’ns so I would have hoped there was a solution. I don’t need hearing assistance in day-to-day life where I can hear well enough (except for children saying s and f), it’s tv programmes where there’s generally higher levels of background noise and less transmission of the helpful sub-harmonics that make it harder to accurately detect speech.

Quick update on these:

The sound quality is amazing, genuinely blown away by it.

The range is not good, if you’re more than 6 foot away the connection breaks up (AirPods are at least twice this distance)

Any exercise other than doing weights and they aren’t great at staying in the ear IME.

Sound only coming through one ear on a phone call is really annoying, so much so that when I’m working I’ll using the AirPods instead.

The controls on the actual headphone are great and feel very robust.

I’d definitely recommend them but sadly not for their intended purpose of exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom