Bluetooth headphones opinions & recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Any recommendations for particular Bluetooth headphones?

I’ve been using my kids’ AirPods but want something with a bit more oomph for when I’m training, current shortlist is:

Depending on the type of training you're undertaking and the shape / size of your ear canals, these perform extremely well and are not short on either volume or audio quality:

Depending on the type of training you're undertaking and the shape / size of your ear canals, these perform extremely well and are not short on either volume or audio quality:

I do prefer the more moulded in-ear headphones like these:7563CE09-656C-44BD-908E-F74CAE61FE23.jpeg

I have these, pretty good value, and definitely comfortable to wear.
I get about 3.5 hours from a charge, but if you're planning on being out and about for longer, then bring their charging case with you and you can pop them back in it to boost them up for a while longer.
The charging case can also be used to boost your mobile too if you're running low.

I do prefer the more moulded in-ear headphones like these
That's the trouble with asking the question you did, Lee, everyone has preferences ;)

That's the trouble with asking the question you did, Lee, everyone has preferences ;)
I know, I know... I should have been more specific! 🤔

The style you linked to, I’ve tried them before and they wouldn’t stay in my ears without being forced to (not the most pleasant of experiences!)

I’ve tried them before and they wouldn’t stay in my ears without being forced to (not the most pleasant of experiences!)
As a motorcyclist who has done their best to protect their hearing by wearing earplugs while riding for a number of decades, I completely understand the issue of comfort - when you have plugs in your ears for 8+ hours in a day, it's a primary consideration!

As a thought, perhaps a version of custom moulded in-ear monitors (IEM's) could work? I know these guys have done custom moulds to work with regular earbud type wired headphones:

In-Ear Monitors

Could be a bit of overkill, though!

I got some AKG Y500 noise cancelling on ear headphones last year. Obviously larger than ear buds - but they have a decent battery life and as they're an older model they are discounted. I've found them quite comfortable to wear in the office for several hours - and when using them for calls the quality has been reasonable. I haven't really used them much on public transport so I'm not sure how well the on-ear + noise cancelling works compared with ear buds with NC or fully enclosed headphoes with NC.

I do prefer the more moulded in-ear headphones like these:View attachment 99956

These are what I use Lee. Brilliant sound quality but do stick out a fair bit (think Shrek!) Comes with a decent charging case (holds 5 charges) and are well built. Shop around and you can pick them up for around £140.

These are what I use Lee. Brilliant sound quality but do stick out a fair bit (think Shrek!) Comes with a decent charging case (holds 5 charges) and are well built. Shop around and you can pick them up for around £140.
Do they fall out much or at all?

I do like the look of them but they look a bit top-heavy if you know what I mean.

I got some AKG Y500 noise cancelling on ear headphones last year. Obviously larger than ear buds - but they have a decent battery life and as they're an older model they are discounted. I've found them quite comfortable to wear in the office for several hours - and when using them for calls the quality has been reasonable. I haven't really used them much on public transport so I'm not sure how well the on-ear + noise cancelling works compared with ear buds with NC or fully enclosed headphoes with NC.

Not good for Training, I got a pair of those free when I bought a Samsung Tablet, brilliant sounds, only one small problem, they are locked in my desk at work and I've been WFH since 19 March! :doh:

I do prefer the more moulded in-ear headphones like these:View attachment 99956
I have the exact same headphones and use them in the gym. The plus points are the sound quality, I’m a big fan of Bose. Just put them in the ear and twist and off you go. The volume / pause button on the side is easy to use and the case is easy for storage and charging.
The negatives are that they are a bit too heavy until you get use to them and they do stick out of your ears more so than other alternatives. Mine have fallen out twice but if you keep twisting them ever so often to make sure you get a tight fit they are worth it in my opinion.
The Apple alternative was my other choice but everybody appears to have those. If sound quality is top of your list go for Bose or if not Apple.
Just my thoughts.

I have the exact same headphones and use them in the gym. The plus points are the sound quality, I’m a big fan of Bose. Just put them in the ear and twist and off you go. The volume / pause button on the side is easy to use and the case is easy for storage and charging.
The negatives are that they are a bit too heavy until you get use to them and they do stick out of your ears more so than other alternatives. Mine have fallen out twice but if you keep twisting them ever so often to make sure you get a tight fit they are worth it in my opinion.
The Apple alternative was my other choice but everybody appears to have those. If sound quality is top of your list go for Bose or if not Apple.
Just my thoughts.
The Apple ones are fine but for two things: we’ve got three pairs in the house already and I don’t want to add to the “where’s mine” conversation that normally goes on and also I do have a pair of traditional Bose in-ear headphones and I’m really happy with the quality but when I’m doing my weights I keep having visions of me garrotting myself!

The Apple ones are fine but for two things: we’ve got three pairs in the house already and I don’t want to add to the “where’s mine” conversation that normally goes on and also I do have a pair of traditional Bose in-ear headphones and I’m really happy with the quality but when I’m doing my weights I keep having visions of me garrotting myself!

I have the large Bose headphones but I refuse to wear those in the gym, more to do with feeling like a plonker but plenty of folk do use them.
The ones I wear for the gym have never fallen out whilst weight training it was when I was on route to the car. They also come with several pairs of ear plugs depending on your ear size. I’ve left the ones on that they arrived with. Perhaps if I changed the ear plugs they might not have fallen out but to be honest I’ve not been ****d to change them up as of yet.

I have the large Bose headphones but I refuse to wear those in the gym, more to do with feeling like a plonker but plenty of folk do use them.
The ones I wear for the gym have never fallen out whilst weight training it was when I was on route to the car. They also come with several pairs of ear plugs depending on your ear size. I’ve left the ones on that they arrived with. Perhaps if I changed the ear plugs they might not have fallen out but to be honest I’ve not been ****d to change them up as of yet.
I do my weights at home so they can look as daft as they want!

Think I'm going to buy those Bose now, I was hoping that someone on here owned a set and I was lucky enough to hear from two!

Just one last question - I’ve read that on a phone call only the right headphone works during it as opposed to both; is this true?

I do my weights at home so they can look as daft as they want!

Think I'm going to buy those Bose now, I was hoping that someone on here owned a set and I was lucky enough to hear from two!

Just one last question - I’ve read that on a phone call only the right headphone works during it as opposed to both; is this true?

I believe so but I’m not 100% certain. I’ve not used them since lockdown and I only got them earlier this year and only use them in the gym. I seem to remember that it only rings in one ear but I can charge them up and test them for you if you want a definite answer. I always ignore the call in the gym anyway. My iPhone has no headphone jack that’s another reason I got Bose.

Just tested it and yes it only rings in the right headphone.
Brilliant, thanks for taking the time to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom