Bluetooth headset question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
Now I've got a bluetooth phone (Thanks again RichardM) I need a headset.

What's a good one to get, the Jabra range seem popular but look a bit big to me. There seem to be two styles similar to below. What's best.

Thanks.

Attachments

• big.jpg
    big.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 45
  • small.jpg
    small.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 36
The small one lays on your ear making it hard to hear your incoming call in noisy environments, and can leak noise in over quiet places. The big one slots in your ear so you isolate the ear from background noise more :) and stops other people from hearing your conversations in quiet rooms...

I bought a bodyglove and dumped it in a week (like the small one)

I have the jabra 250 and am very pleased with it :)

Jabra BT250 as well, and very good it is too - great battery life.

Got mine from eBay - make sure you don't pay retail prices for one.

S.

Hubby has the Motorola one and he really likes it. I've got a logitech one which is brill for battery life and functions but I found my ears are a bit ickle so find getting a comfortable fit a bit of a prob sometimes - others it goes on a dream :crazy: I actually think for me it is a bit big and heavy - but would be great if it fitted you well. I have found the audio quality is a little reduced when I have the roof down :D

Thanks, I've just ordered a Jabra 250V from Amazon.

They are very good :) I don't think you will be upset :) One thing to mention though, don't use the beltclip as the earbuds fall off. I keep it in my pocket now :D

tos_uhura.jpg

Last edited:
Right, I’ve got the phone and my Bluetooth earpiece. The trouble is when I put the phone in the hands free kit in the vehicle it disconnects the Bluetooth and activates the speaker which is no good as I need privacy. I’ve read the manuals to no avail and have had to put tape over the connectors on the phone holder which sort of helps, I’ve not covered what I think are the two charging pins but don’t think the phone’s charging now. Is there a better way?

Thanks.

fuzzer said:
do you have a cark-91 for the 6310 to fit into ?

Yes.

Simon said:

mine didnt like using the bluetooth headset either. Have you thought about the optional privacy handset for moments like that?

I have the Nokia HDW 3 which I am very pleased with, it works well with the Nokia 6260 that I have. A bit bigger than others but very good.

I've also got a HDW3 which I got cheap from Costco, I use it will a SonyEricsson T610 and it works well, even with the full car kit. The bluetooth connection always over-rides the carkit, so I can make use of the carkit charging, holder and aerial whilst using the bluetooth headset for privacy.

RichardM said:
I've also got a HDW3 which I got cheap from Costco, I use it will a SonyEricsson T610 and it works well, even with the full car kit. The bluetooth connection always over-rides the carkit, so I can make use of the carkit charging, holder and aerial whilst using the bluetooth headset for privacy.

Its the privacy aspect that is important to me and stops me thinking about getting a fully integrated system. I dont want my conversations over 10 speakers???? :eek:

fuzzer said:
mine didnt like using the bluetooth headset either. Have you thought about the optional privacy handset for moments like that?

For anyone interested, I have discovered through trial and error that if you tape over the 5 middle contacts in the CARK 91 The phone will charge, connect to the aerial and NOT disconnect the Bluetooth. Hooray :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom