Bluetooth module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulvfr

Car
CLK 3.5
Has anyone fitted a Bluetooth module to a w209 command unit looks like it replace the Nokia mount I was hoping when I got the car I could just pair car to my iPhone but no Bluetooth

You've got a couple of options. - If you've got a handset that supports it, you can use the SAP puck (which clones your phone's identity and uses the car's aerial etc); or you can buy the HFP (I could have those initials wrong) puck, which acts as a Bluetooth headset for the phone.

I went with the first, then discovered that my phone doesn't support SAP. So I've just put an old SIM card in the puck and am trying to make it work on that basis. - The car can see it, so I've got all the SIM data in COMAND, but I think the mobile amplifier unit in the boot might be kaput because it hasn't found a network yet (I just get a message that says Providersearch).

I should also have said that if you don't want either of the two Mercedes offerings, you could buy one of the offerings from Viseeo; that may also add the facility to stream music using the radio.

If you're interested I am selling my HFP puck...£180 plus post,

Latest part no. B6888 0000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom