Bluetooth MP3 player?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
As title, I'm in the market for one of these. I upgraded the stereo in the Golf recently and it can play back audio over bluetooth (as well as acting as a hands free kit). It works pretty well with my phone (Nokia N95), and so I'm thinking of getting an MP3 player to put a larger collection of music on.

SWMBO has an iPod nano (previous version), I quite like the new one but it would need an aftermarket BT adaptor, also I'm not much of a fan of iTunes as I'd prefer to just drag and drop.

Samsung seem to make a couple of likely suspects - YP-P2 and YP-T10, both of which seem to tick the boxes. Sony also have a nice looking one, NW-A828 but it's not actually on the market yet. It's also a bit pricier than the Samsungs, but I have quite a bit of Sony kit knocking about (the car stereo, for one) and it's always good stuff.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but if anyone's got any recommendations or experiences I'd be pleased to hear them!

Cheers,

Gaz

Why bother with a separate device? I'd just get an 8GB memory card for the N95.

That would be the most logical choice, assuming they can take up to 8GB, most phones seem to have very low limits on the size of card they will accept. Easy to check I would have thought.:rock:

I'd just rather have a seperate device. The N95 is a jack of all trades (and pretty good it is too), but devices built with a single purpose in mind always function better.

Case in point - the N95 has a 5MP camera, probably the best you can get on a mobile phone at the moment. But I've still got a Canon Ixus compact and a Sony Alpha SLR for taking "real" photos. Likewise, the web browser on the N95 does at a pinch, but give me a real computer any day..

Cheers,

Gaz

I'd just rather have a seperate device. The N95 is a jack of all trades (and pretty good it is too), but devices built with a single purpose in mind always function better.

Case in point - the N95 has a 5MP camera, probably the best you can get on a mobile phone at the moment. But I've still got a Canon Ixus compact and a Sony Alpha SLR for taking "real" photos. Likewise, the web browser on the N95 does at a pinch, but give me a real computer any day..

Cheers,

Gaz
Sounds like you're just trying to justify getting yourself another new gadget :D

Nothing wrong with that ;) , but bear in mind the N95 supports both A2DP and AVRCP bluetooth profiles, so you won't be gaining anything in terms of functionality via bluetooth with a dedicated player.

Sounds like you're just trying to justify getting yourself another new gadget :D

Nothing wrong with that ;) , but bear in mind the N95 supports both A2DP and AVRCP bluetooth profiles, so you won't be gaining anything in terms of functionality via bluetooth with a dedicated player.

Like that needs justification? A man needs toys.. :)

I realise that I won't gain anything in functionality (or indeed sound quality, as I believe the DAC is done in the head unit) by using the dedicated player in the car but for general listening or sitting on the plane, for example, I'd rather have a stand-alone.

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom