Bluetooth music in a W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLS22

Car
W205 C63
Picked up my MY16 C63 last night ([emoji1]) and spent the obligatory couple of hours playing with everything and learning how the car works - up till now I’ve had mainly BMW’s and Porsche so the whole COMAND thing is new to me.

The one thing I couldn’t do is get my phone hooked up via Bluetooth for music - I can get my phone on the system but wouldn’t “connect” for the music function.

I’ve been through the manual and followed the instructions but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are your trying it to stream music while on charge in the car ? that may be the issue, i see you have an iPhone so if the phone is pared to the car you should be getting your iTunes via the "media" in the car (button on dash next to the radio button) near the left hand heater controls, i always have my phone on charge in the car when i play iTunes as i find it kills the phone battery.

D

The only way I can seem to make it work (playing music) is if I physically plug it in a USB port? That’s can’t be right can it - surely I should be able to play music from my phone via bluetooth?

Also - is there any other way of forwarding onto to next track other than via COMAND?

Also - is there any other way of forwarding onto to next track other than via COMAND?

i'll look on the way home if mine will play via blue tooth rather by cable.

to forward to the next song turn the big round knob under the mouse one click and it should go to the next track or back the other way for the previous track or swipe your finger across the mouse that changes the track as well.

D

Had another go tonight - same thing, will find my phone as a phone but not as a music supply.

See if you find anything else D and thanks for the tip on the track forwarding

So with the phone paired to the car and not attached by the charging lead, go to the media button and then you should see Media Interface 1 which is when you use the charger lead then turn the command knob and your will see interface 2 and then turn again and you should see a big blue tooth symbol click on that and that should then play you itunes by Bluetooth.

So with the phone paired to the car and not attached by the charging lead, go to the media button and then you should see Media Interface 1 which is when you use the charger lead then turn the command knob and your will see interface 2 and then turn again and you should see a big blue tooth symbol click on that and that should then play you itunes by Bluetooth.

Thanks D - done all of the above and still no joy. May have to pop over to the dealer

D - sorted, driving yesterday and suddenly “decided’ to find my iPhone on media (although it will only play whats playing - I can’t search it in the same way I can when it is plugged in)

cool that's good - cant be bothered with the searching bit i have it on shuffle all the time.

at least your sorted.

D.

There is an IOS 12 issue with some head units (don't know if any COMAND units have an issue, no one has told us of a problem) - But I wonder if this is a problem with NTG5*2 and IOS 12.
Anyone else having any issues ?
Cheers
R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom