Bluetooth Music Streaming for A208 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Senator

SUPPORTER
Car
CLK430 Convertible
Sorry if this has been done to death, but couldn't see any directly relevant threads.

My year 2000 A208 CLK has the Comand unit with phone cradle, I believe it is the Comand 2.0 unit. It has an aux socket in the glove box so that is handy, but I'm used to having bluetooth streaming music in other cars and wondered if it is feasible in the CLK. I have a Dension unit in the Skoda but they don't list the A208 on their compatibility list.

I've read about Viseeo units, but (1) they don't seem to make them anymore (couldn't see any websites listing them new), (2) the secondhand units are bloomin expensive and (3) I can't tell if they allow streaming music or just allow phone call.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this or is it just too much faff/cost on a car of this age? If so I'll make do with the aux cable.

Hi,
There are android replacement units that are a straight swap for COMAND 2.0.
I have one in my S203. They cost around £300 and are easy enough to fit yourself.
Where in Hants are you as you are welcome to take a look at it if interested.

45554901721_15617f13f4_k.jpg

Features:
Full Android app support for streaming audio and Navigation etc e.g Google Maps or Waze.
SD card audio playback.
Streaming music from phone A2DP Bluetooth.
Phone integration for calls
Steering wheel control still works.
DAB+ option (£20)
Reverse cam option (£20)
Apple carplay/Android auto option (£40)

There are android replacement units that are a straight swap for COMAND 2.0.
That looks a good unit. I'm wasn't thinking of a head unit change but it's useful to know this option exists in case I start thinking that way, where did you get it from?

Viseo was for Bluetooth telephone streaming not music.
Useful to know Viseeo is calls only, I'll forget about that option then because I'm only after music, I'm quite happy not being reachable by phone! :D

Agree on the unit replacement, the old command is as useful as a poo flavour lollipop

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has been done to death, but couldn't see any directly relevant threads.

My year 2000 A208 CLK has the Comand unit with phone cradle, I believe it is the Comand 2.0 unit. It has an aux socket in the glove box so that is handy, but I'm used to having bluetooth streaming music in other cars and wondered if it is feasible in the CLK. I have a Dension unit in the Skoda but they don't list the A208 on their compatibility list.

If you have a headphone jack , just wire up one of these in the glove box out of site. It will work just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0739RGDFJ/

That looks a good unit. I'm wasn't thinking of a head unit change but it's useful to know this option exists in case I start thinking that way, where did you get it from?

These are nearly all made in China and the quality varies wildly.
Mine is from Erisin who have a UK ebay store and I'm happy with the quality.
Audio wise it is as good as the COMAND unit and feature wise there is no comparison.

Example - 8-Core DAB+Android 9.0 Car Stereo SatNav Mercedes C/CLK/G Class W203 Vito Viano | eBay

Direct link to Erisin - Erisin ES7963C Android 9.0 Car Stereo GPS DAB+BT CD Mercedes Benz C/CLK/G Class W203 Vito Viano

Last edited:
+1 for the Bluetooth adapter from me, I ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KON1JIA/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

I have a viseeo Mb2 I picked up on ebay for a few quid short of £100 and it works fine for phone calls.

I didn't have an Aux port but installed one and purchased the Bluetooth adapter which holds a charge for ages.

I did consider replacing the headunit but to be honest I really do not want a screen in the car I'm surrounded by screens everywhere I go all day and the car is my Oasis lol

Plus I like my Audio 20 unit it's like the Dacia of the headunits not fancy, not flashy, unobtrusive and just works :D

Thanks for the replies, these small plug in bluetooth units seem worth a look.

My aux socket is in the glove box, so I assume I would need to somehow get 12v power into the glove box as well. Any tips to avoid wires trailing all over the dashboard?

Thanks for the replies, these small plug in bluetooth units seem worth a look.

My aux socket is in the glove box, so I assume I would need to somehow get 12v power into the glove box as well. Any tips to avoid wires trailing all over the dashboard?
The Bluetooth receivers are powered by re-chargeable batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom