Bluetooth Music Streaming & Phone for pennies!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep this does seem like a good solution for money..

I decided to just get an App Radio installed by Comand. Due to worrying about audio quality on these Bluetooth streamers, as well as steering control etc

Seems you've wired the thing in with minimum wire showing which is good. That was my main worry

Yep this does seem like a good solution for money..

I decided to just get an App Radio installed by Comand. Due to worrying about audio quality on these Bluetooth streamers, as well as steering control etc
Seems you've wired the thing in with minimum wire showing which is good. That was my main worry

Yup, horses for courses as they say, and Alfie's set up is obviously going to look and work "PERFECT" but I must say my bluetooth was hissing a bit as the Anker is plugged into the fag lighter and this can happen sometimes due to the ground wires on the car............. BUT when you fit the ground loop unit it takes care of that for you and it's nice and quiet.

I had to remove the ashtray and the unit above it and feed the wire from the fag lighter cable under it, again some might want a totally clean install so this would not work for them, but you can't really see it at all!

It feeds through the back of the ashtray, round the back of the glove box and into it.
Not visible at all really, if I could upload photos properly I could post a pic of what it all looks like but it looks almost factory with no messy cables, (this too was my main worry and the reason I didn't want the aux cable plugging into my phone and flapping about and I can take it all with me when I change cars in less than 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Yup, horses for courses as they say, and Alfie's set up is obviously going to look and work "PERFECT" but I must say my bluetooth was hissing a bit as the Anker is plugged into the fag lighter and this can happen sometimes due to the ground wires on the car............. BUT when you fit the ground loop unit it takes care of that for you and it's nice and quiet.

I had to remove the ashtray and the unit above it and feed the wire from the fag lighter cable under it, again some might want a totally clean install so this would not work for them, but you can't really see it at all!

It feeds through the back of the ashtray, round the back of the glove box and into it.
Not visible at all really, if I could upload photos properly I could post a pic of what it all looks like but it looks almost factory with no messy cables, (this too was my main worry and the reason I didn't want the aux cable plugging into my phone and flapping about and I can take it all with me when I change cars in less than 20 minutes.

To post photos properly sign up to a Photobucket account

Upload your photo

Copy the direct link, and press the image icon on the thread insertion options and insert the link.

It will appear as so:
A-Class-feb-12-2016.jpg

Ok first of all this is the wiring diagram sorry its a bit simple but it really is as basic at this to do!

_20170222_114358.jpg

The Charger to power all this this has a twin slot at the front, and a 1.5M Extension that goes under the ashtray through the light into the glove box.

£9 from a well know auction site

DSC_0944.jpg

This is the extension end with 2 x usb sockets

DSC_0956.jpg

This is the ANKER SOUNDSYNC
This little bad boy you can put anywhere really, it is small, has all the functions you need and a microphone so it can deal with phones, music and speech.

£19 off a well know auction site.

DSC_0966.jpg

This is the Ground Loop isolator, basically it takes out any static or buzzing noises that are created from your ciggy lighter port charging an item that creates sound like a phone, the Anker or any other device, basically if your car's ground wire is not brilliant then this will take care of it, it makes my music crystal clear, you can normally only hear a faint buzz between tracks without this gadget, but with it installed inline between the anker and the AUX in, there is no noise at all, mine is called MPOW Ground Loop

£7 from a well know auction site.

DSC_0973.jpg

This is pretty much all that is seen, it is all in the glove box, next week I'll wrap it all up apart from the charger and neatly pop it all behind the glove box, you can access the back either from under the glove box, or the side of the dash if you open the door, the panel just pops off, this can ALL be moved out of sight and you can simply just leave the USB extension in there out of view to charge various things like phones or ipads or whatever really.

DSC_0970.jpg

As a bonus I have a Smart Watch, this can be used too as it is connected the the phone, so I can use it to to change tracks, and do loads of cool stuff send text messages and emails through the car system, it all works together, this is optional of course lol

£280 but this is optional lol

DSC_0953.jpg

As you can see, there are minimal wires visible when the glove box is shut, and there will be pretty much zero wires visible next week when i pop them all neatly behind the glove box when i get a moment.

It all connects automatically as soon as you turn the ignition on, works superb, can send text messages, call people, listen to music, change tracks, do pretty much what i like without ever touching the phone at all.

Last edited:
Oh my... you have answered my prayers... I've been exactly like you and will not part with £300 + for this.. ok... so I've got the normal connector (in arm rest) I have no idea what sex it is.. all i want is to be able to use my phone and functions on steering wheel and play my music... could you advise me what I need .. I've a 2009 CLK 320 CDI ... fingers and toes crossed it'll work for me lovely...[emoji4] xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Fitted a device, purchased on ebay called LaPower1600 series on ebay to a 2007 standard SLK 200 without phone prewire or cd changer. Its a grear solution for upgrading standard audio 20 and now have telephone working through head unit and audio / music using the A2DP function from phone stored music through cars audio system. Bluetooth phone very clear. A very simple installation but I had to code ( star c3 ) to initiliase to add telematics to most ring. The only issue I have is that i do not get a ring tone, only 'dialling' visible on audio 20 / dash until person answers or voice mail activated. It cost around £100 to purchase. I also fitted a USB / Mini USB lead to it so I can charge the phone as well. I did not bother with the micro SD card as the phone will be my source of music. The standred single cd in audio 20 continues to work. Nothing visible in the car aparet from the trailing mini usb wire in the glovebox. Very pleased with the installation and the lack of a ring tone is no biggie as the radio mutes and Dialling message appears in audio 20 and dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom