Bluetooth & Nokia 8800 SE - SLK - SMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

denton

Hello all

I recently had the Mercedes Bluetooth module installed in my SLK. I have a Nokia 8800 Sirocco that uses Remote Sim Profile to connect.
Call quality and operation are excellent, but I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to download the phone book in the phone memory (rather than just the SIM) to the module?

2. When someone sends an SMS to while connected to the module it simply disappears. I never receive it - and it's not in the phone once I disconnect.

Can anyone help. Should this support SMS?

Thanks

Have you looked in the SERV menu and then MAIL for the txt?

You are correct though that it doesn't stay on your handset:crazy:

Also I think that it only downloads the SIM numbers, not the phone memeory ones:eek:

1. Is there a way to download the phone book in the phone memory (rather than just the SIM) to the module?

Thanks

When the phone is connected dial 0000. It will then autodisconnect. Leave for a minute or two then press the dial button on the comand until it re-connects the phone.
Wait 4-5 minutes whilst the contacts are paired.

I dont have any contacts saved on sim only in the phone memory. Be warned though if its like mine you will only see 1 number per contact.

Can anyone help. Should this support SMS?

You should see the SMS. Its a bit strange but press the services button whilst the phone is paired then look around there top left inside button i think for messages. Will have a look later to see which one exactly.
Again any SMS messages received whilst the phone is paired will remain on the comand and not in your phone when disconnected.

Hope this helps

Mark.

Thanks. I will gvie that a go tonight and see if it works.

Regards
Charles

Thanks. I will gvie that a go tonight and see if it works.

Regards
Charles

Hi

I tried to get this to work over the weekend. My entire phone book now downloads including the both Sim and Memory, but I still have not resolved the SMS issue.

Where is the SERV menu? I don't seem able to find any reference / controls for this

THanks

"Serv" - one of the primary buttons on the left hand side of Comand (Audio, Video, Tel, Nav, Serv....) short for Services.

I don't think I have that. I only have the standard Audio system installed (no Sat Nav etc.)
If I press the Tel button below the keypad, I get Vodaphone UK on Audio unit and "Mem" assigned to the left most softkey (nothing on the other 3). Once the phone book is uploaded I can see Call Logs and address lists, but nothing referring to SMS.

Any ideas?

Hmm. Well, the function is called "Mail" on the Comand, rather than "messages" or "SMS"...... I don't know where you would find it on the APS20.

I don't think you can read texts on the APS 20.

I don't think you can read texts on the APS 20.

My reading of the manual supports that. It just says that an indicator will flag up on the APS20 saying a message has been recieved, but you need to view it from the phone itself.

Would love to be wrong though - could be a great mod!

Unfortunately I don't get any indicator and the message simply disappears. (i.e. it's not on the phone when I disconnect). Makes the whole thing pretty useless as I continually lose messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom