Bluetooth OBD2 reader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A guy at work just got one of these, anyone used one on their Merc? Uses an free android app to read the codes and reset them if required

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006JJZVQE/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Not got one for a Merc, but the one I use on by SAAB is brilliant. I use an app called torque on my android tablet and you can create a virtual dashboard showing all the system values. You can also view and clear error codes. Lastly you can "map" your travel using GPS, and overlay it on google earth showing your journey via satellite imagery. Uses a lot of storage but quite a hoot replaying your journey.

I used one on my C270 to good effect when the throttle pedal was intermittant..

I use "Torque" too, well worth the small amount of money

Torque (Paid) has a pretty nice recording function that overlays the speedo and rev counter on to the video. Live data logging is handy too. Obviously it'll only do the OBD2 codes not anything needing STAR but for basic code reading/clearing and even googlng what they mean it's pretty cool...

Mine's permanently plugged in at the moment as I'm having a couple of issues with CEL, which will be resolved in the very near future.

It's easier to leave it plugged in and just check and delete problems as they happen, using the Torque Pro app, as it's always the same faults, though by having this device it puts my mind at rest that nothing else is going wrong. :) I did have the free version at first, though upgraded to Pro for the reasons others have mentioned, mainly the extra toys.

Derek, I believe you had to go wi-fi due to the make of phone you use?

Hi , yes wi-fi for iOS devices such as the iPhone or iPad .

The wi-fi interface also works with my MacBook as there are numerous apps for that too .

The wi-fi version of the ELM 327 was around £13 as opposed to about half that price for the bluetooth version .

All of my devices support bluetooth as well as wi-fi , so it is just down to the way the software is written .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom