Bluetooth option for pre-wire on SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vibesg

Car
CLS 320 Cdi; Volvo XC90 D5; VW Polo tdi
My 2003 SL comes with telephone pre-wire. I'd like a Viseeo MB-2 for bluetooth connectivity. I have been advised that if my car is a 2004 MY I can use the Viseeo MB-2; or that if I can remove the existing cradle leaving the triangle shaped connector I can use Viseeo. I have tried to remove the cradle gently but it just tilts upwards as shown in the pictures. The upper part does come off though leaving the lower section.

From the attached pictures can someone with a lot more knowledge than I do please let me know which bluetooth cradle is best for my car?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Image0054.jpg
    Image0054.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Image0051.jpg
    Image0051.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Image0053.jpg
    Image0053.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 37
Careful, you may break the plug and connector doing this way. The cradle slides towards the rear exposing the HMI plug that the ViseeO MB2 will plug into. The cradle has a button or clip that must be depressed to release it before it slides back (this is on the prewired option with the HMI plug) Best look at your owners manual for the location, mine was at the top front.
But do not use force or lift the cradle up, it will break.

It gives the impression it was designed to tilt. A gentle prod to the tip nearer the gear lever and it tilts up. When I attempt to slide it off only the uper part detaches itself as shown in my pictures. I'll have another look today.

Looks like an 854 phone kit, not UHI, shouldn't this one take ViseeO MBU1000 or what was it, the part that replaces the Nokia 6130i phone.

Thanks Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom