Bluetooth phone keeps turning itself off/on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark-E

Car
E250 cdi coupe auto BE / E220 cdi / Vito 109
Newbie question.
Got a year old E 250cdi coupe BE (usual injector drama's) but OBE thing drives me nuts.

Have a pretty standard Nokia phone (6700) set up for Bluetooth in the car. Most of the time it works fine. However, randomly the Bluetooth just disconnects mid conversation and after a few moments it just reconnects.

As if the phone has "gone out of range of the car". Phone never misses a beat in other vehicles, just seems to be the coupe this occurs in.

MB have tested it a few times...nothing.

Just wondered if it's just me then !

I had exactly the same problem with one firmware version on my Nokia E72 in my W204. It was resolved by updating the phone firmware.

As above update firmware and on the phone set MB Bluetooth to authorised so it can pair automatically without asking you to confirm.

Could not update firmware via t-mobile from the phone. It thought it was on latest firmware revision. Downloaded nokia ovi and manually installed latest one.
Not missed a beat since.
MANY thanks !

Mark-E said:
Could not update firmware via t-mobile from the phone. It thought it was on latest firmware revision. Downloaded nokia ovi and manually installed latest one.
Not missed a beat since.
MANY thanks !
Glad to be of service!

As an aside, I hate the random compatibility issues that seem endemic with Bluetooth. That's the trouble with technology that doesn't have strong standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom