bluetooth phone kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s60r

hi,

got the b67875877 (hfp) cradle adaptor when i collected car the other day. the parts dept said it was compatible with my sony w890i. im not sure this is the case as it is very hit and miss.(works well then drops calls and wont connect.) can anyone confirm that this is indeed compatible?

also i was told that as my car has prewire that the phone will use the external ariel? after reading threads on here im not sure this is true either? is this only the case when using the sap type? does anyone know if my phone will work with the sap? very hard to get any info from the dealer, they just say try it and see!

many thanks for any help!

They must have meant that this HF profile device is compatible with your phone as it does not support BT SAP. From the MB device point of view, it would be compatible but it seems you have some phone issues (or perhaps some intermediate contacts or something else on the car side).

The car would have an external antenna but it is amazing that a dealer's parts guy would claim the external antenna being used with a HF profile BT device (Well, considering how inaccurate info you get from the dealers, perhaps not amazing after all. Better read here what Alfie and Richard and others say instead. And yes, there are MB experts that you can trust, but those guys are here too :) )

As far as I am aware there are no Sony phones working with BT SAP - so if that is the case no it is not using your aerial as that is only used on BT SAP phones....

I had a Sony K700i and a UHI cradle - always dropping calls etc -- cr@p better off changing to a Nokia

Have either of you tried switching the phone to GSM-only mode? Not sure if a Sony can be set to single mode but this could cure some, if not most of the call drops. Or was this experience with a Nokia phone also from a dual mode GSM/3G(UMTS) phone?

From my experience Sony phones are having problems with 3G.
Or maybe it is to 3G network coverage and will appear to every phone?
Don't know. I live 300 yds from M5 services where mobile networks coverage shoulg be more than ok and I was having connection issues when was working on 3G
Standard GSM setup has solved the problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom