Bluetooth- phone no longer pairs!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Murff

Car
W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
Hi, up until yesterday the Bluetooth telephony in my 58 W211 worked fine. Now my phone can longer find the cars bluetooth, even though the command system says ready. Does this mean the Bluetooth module is knackered? If so are they easy to replace? I have no idea where it is.

Cheers in advance

Unpair the phone. Remove and replace phone battery and start again. Sorts it most of the time. Bluetooth modules are fairly robust.

Thanks for the reply. It's an iPhone and I tried to unpair and reconnect with no success. I also tried to connect the missus phone but her phone couldn't find the cars bluetooth also so I'm assuming its an issue with the car.

I would be surprised if it is the BT module that is faulty. Try a friend's phone and see if you can pair it with the car

Yeah I tried another phone, still no luck. Not sure what else it could be??

Sorry I didn't read the bit about you trying the missus' phone.

Not sure about MB but some cars don't allow you to pair whilst engine is on. I'm not too familiar with your system but maybe worth checking the correct procedure in the handbook?

If the car is MY09 it has full bluetooth connectivity built into the headunit. If earlier then you will have a bluetooth adapter in centre armrest.

If the car is MY09 it has full bluetooth connectivity built into the headunit. If earlier then you will have a bluetooth adapter in centre armrest.

A friend of mine has the w211 and his is in the armrest - meaning he has to pair the car to the armrest unit and then pair his phone to the armrest (if I remember correctly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom