Bluetooth puck not working '07 A-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Forsh

Car
'07 W169
Hi All!
Since the new 'phone use whilst driving laws' are now in operation I'd better sort the Bluetooth connection in my wifes '07 W169 A-class

It has the black Bluetooth puck in the centre arm rest drawer but I can't get it to flash a blue light when I keep the button pushed

Is there an easy way of checking either the puck or the car?

Bought the car over a year ago and never had it working :eek:

Cheers

:)

Last edited:
Have you paired it to the phone ? If it's the genuine MB one it will need a passcode, I think the code is available via google.

No, I have to press and hold the button on the puck to get the blue light to flash (discoverable I presume) then pair it but I'm not getting the light

It's like this one...

msP996WaL7Kr0dv6pg7BLmw.jpg

Yes the blue flash means it's discoverable, try taking the puck out of the socket and then refit it and try searching with your phone again.

If the blue led still does not blink, check fuses.

Cheers guys!

I just tried key in pos 1, 2 & engine running,

I've checked fuses - fuse 47 7.5A telephone system, double checked by swapping it with 46 radio fuse and radio still worked

Checked for bluetooth signal in case the LED wasn't working - still nothing

Ideally I could do with trying the puck in another car or anther puck in this car but lacking an available car and or puck

Last edited:
As I understand it, you press and hold the button for about 3 secs then the blue light should flash quickly when you let go. Are you pressing and holding without releasing?

Tried 3, 5, 10, 20 seconds and release but no joy

...and remove and refit and jiggling it about but nothing

Slide passenger seat fully back, and then you'll see a carpet joint between front footwell carpet and rear carpet. Stick your fingers down there, if its wet then that's your problem.

We see lots of wet ones, the phone controller is under there. In fact so many that we keep spare used phone controllers in stock.

Water seems to come up through the floor grommets when the car is driven in a flood.

Richard

All seems dry, shining a torch through the plastic cover, I can see wires under there but not sign of damp

I have exactly this issue on an A170 I bought gif my sons first car.
It came with no BT adaptor.
I bought one and it doesn’t work. Trued it in my E Class and it’s fine.
Anyone managed to resolve this? I have tested the fuses. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom