Bluetooth retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zarnd

Car
SL55 AMG
Has anyone retrofitted bluetooth to a R230 SL? Mine is a 2004 and doesn't have bluetooth from factory. I have spoken to the guys from COMAND online and have looked at the instructions for fitting, has anyone fitted one to an SL themselves and can comment on how easy it is to fit and how successful it is after a period of use? Is it possible to fit the microphone in the same place that it would have been if it had been fitted at the factory? I would love to use the COMAND screen and steering wheel buttons and to be able to stream music via bluetooth as well as plug my phone or an iPod into the car to charge and read music that way.

Has anyone else fitted an aftermarket kit and managed to hide the screen and or buttons in the ash tray so it is out of sight unless being used? (I did this on a 5 series I had). Any recommendations for aftermarket kits? Or best to avoid and use the COMAND mCar kit that is available?

Many thanks

Is yours a facelift (i.e with COMAND with the nav drive in the boot) or the pre mid 2004 model with CD based COMAND with nav disk in the COMAND unit ?

If it is, then use the mCar. Nothing else will achieve what you list and work in a SL. (Dension is the closest, but issues with phone)

Cheers

Richard

How can you find out what audio system you have installed in your car?

Is yours a facelift (i.e with COMAND with the nav drive in the boot) or the pre mid 2004 model with CD based COMAND with nav disk in the COMAND unit ?

If it is, then use the mCar. Nothing else will achieve what you list and work in a SL. (Dension is the closest, but issues with phone)

Cheers

Richard

Sorry for the near 12 month late reply!

I have a facelift SL with the nav drive in the boot.

Thanks

Sadly mCar is no longer available - and the SL is as difficult as ever - send Alfie ([email protected]) and email with your VIN and he will be able to help you

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom