Bluetooth solution in 2003 SL350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calleva

Car
Mercedes SL350. TR6. TR7v8 Grinnall
I apologise if you all know how to do this but I have found a neat cheap WIRELESS BLUETOOTH solution to play my iPod touch music through the AUX port to control volume by the command system. You cannot move the tracks though.

I bought a bluetooth receiver from Amazon for under £15. Comes with quite good instructions and additional cables. Before use charge up the battery you can do this by linking to a computer USB port via the cable supplied.

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BMRMNUU/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

You switch on bluetooth on the iPod touch or iPhone and by pressing the little button getting a blue and red light you pair it with the device. I did this before I got in the car. Then plug the device into the Aux and then get the two connected if not already. Close the glove box. Choose the music you want. I have a music for the car playlist. Switch on the command unit. Select Sys button. Choose the type of sound you want. I have a Bose system. Press play on the iPod to iPhone and away you go. The volume can be controlled on the + - buttons on the steering wheel. Remember unlike the cd function you cannot skip the tracks using the steering wheel functions which is why I set up a music for the car playlist and then use the shuffle function to get a surprise order of play. I bought a 32gb iPod touch 4th generation for under 150 pounds on Amazon and it holds my entire music library. So no more transporting CDs around, better battery life than the iPhone and no expensive swop out on the cd changer. The iPod can be left locked inside the car or removed if you want to. Remember to reconnect each time you get into the car and from time to time the little receiver will need to be charged but this can be done via the included cable and a 12v USB plug that goes into the cigarette lighter.

Well hope this helps someone looking for an easy cheap solution that does not require stripping stuff out of the car but gives a modern solution to play music libraries in the older SL model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom