bluetooth solution needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

SWMBO w124 has a sony DAB radio i fitted last Christmas. It doesnt have any bluetooth functionality. Not really wanting to sell that and get another stereo, i'm hoping I can get something that i can wire in so that music streamed on the iphone will play via the car speakers via bluetooth. but be hidden. i've looked at the parrot stuff and you need to have an extra display etc, which i dont really want.

It has aux in which works fine but was hoping to add something fairly cheaply that will connect the audio from the iphone via bluetooth into the car speakers to save her having to have a wire hanging out of the stereo all the time.

bit annoying as the stereo has ipod functionality but this only sends music through the "ipod" part of the iphone. streaming a radio station via an app for example it doesnt work as it detects no music on the iphone.

ideas welcome. :) There is aux in on the back of the stereo via phono sockets which i was hoping some sort of "bluetooth" box could tap into maybe? obviously aswell as streaming the app sounds (which is ideally what she wants - wants to listen to LBC which was removed from DAB shortly after i got the stereo!) it would be good to have a handsfree feature for phone calls too

thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,
not sure if you're a member of multiple forums, but this was discussed recently on the MB endorsed club.
Members there have used these very cheap devices which I think do mostly what you want and I'd imagine could be hardwired to your aux-in and hidden.
Bluetooth 3.5mm A2DP Stereo Audio Adapter Dongle Receiver AUX TV PC MP3 Walkman | eBay

The missing feature for you would be a mic to allow handsfree phone use, maybe there's a variant that does do that?

I have a basic parrot in my 124 estate, works fine and I keep the display in the ashtray so it's only on show when I want it.

Cheers,
Dave

SS
If that fulfils your needs, I have one you are welcome to - they do the job just fine.
Or this is on offer at groupon if you want phone connectivity.

Hi bought this one... Has mic as well used it for playing music and when calls received, goes through speakers... Recipients of phone calls told me that it was clear sounding

View item:
Bluetooth 3.0 A2DP Audio Music Receiver Car Radio AUX Home Stereo Speaker Mic

Sent from my Apple Mobile Device using MBClub UK

If you want decent quality sound make sure it supports apt-x, none of the ebay specials do but something like the HTC Stereoclip does for around £20. The Avantree Cara will give you hands free phone too for around £30.

IO play 2. It has a screen, but plastic and LCD colour not a bad match for mb.

P1010019_zpsa310815a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom