Bluetooth streaming from android phone....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moog999

Car
E350CDI S212
Picked up my new to me 2011 E350 estate yesterday and as lovely as it is the connectivity options in the car are frankly archaic.

Now my choice of car was dictated by the need for 7 seats

, somewhere less than 75miles from home, it had to be a 350 and my trade in car was 2weeks away from an MOT fail. It also has a worsening clutch release bearing noise.

So my car has no dab tuner and no bt streaming option. It does have comand and the media interface cable but this won't pick up the output from my phone with the USB, only the headphone jack, which is messy.

Ideally I'd like to add an integrated dab tuner but the price of these is frankly staggering. I would be happy to just use my phone to access iPlayer, dab app I use and Spotify.

Do you chaps have any novel solutions that don't cost a fortune?

Hi There,

I believe you need to buy a bluetooth module.

I think there are 2 types - one that connects inside the arm rest cradle and the audio goes out of the stereo, addresses appear on the command center ..etc and also cheaper ones that are an adapter that sit in the glove box (with varying results) with limited options on command.

Sorry I can't recommend a particular type, but also researching this for a family member with an ML320.

Many on ebay are from US and carry custom tax, international delivery headache.

I have found some here:
http://www.world-of-accessories.co.uk/genuine-mercedes-benz-bluetooth-p-1334.html

and also from Mercades:
https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Bluetooth/

Last edited:
dq3NQd1.jpg

CI6AvSE.jpg

Here's the car anyway.

Just to add it has Bluetooth telephone and that works fine. I've also been into the engineering menu to see if streaming can be activated but that's a nope.

Anyone have first hand experience with using one of these?

DAB+U | Dension

Apologies for not reading your question correctly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom