Bluetooth Telephone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musonic

Car
E320 Cdi 2006
I've just purchased a 2006 (pre facelift) E320 cdi estate. I was told by the dealer that it had bluetooth phone capability. I have been able to connect my phone via bluetooth (although connection is not stable), but when I press the TEL button it is still telling me to insert a telephone. Could someone please help me get this working?

AFAIK this bluetooth feature is just for a privacy headset, not the primary phone connection.

Do you have phone pre-wire, the little triangular connector under the centre armrest?

ML_HFP_connector_384.jpg

If not you'll need a phone kit installed. If you do, you'll need a bluetooth puck to fit onto the connector.

Last edited:
My car is a 2006 C class with the plug as shown in photo above ^^^

I have a MBenz Bluetooth adaptor plugged in and it connects to the phone immediately. I can use the buttons on the steering wheel to make and receive calls but not the ones on the dashboard.

I don't know if this is a fault as I have not really bothered to investigate further. The buttons on the wheel are enough for my needs.

These adapters are all over eBay as are Viseeo adapters.

Good luck :thumb:

Ok, so I do have that connector - hidden underneath a little plastic cover. So I need to find a bluetooth adaptor? Is that the same as a puck?! I did wonder why there were two coiled cables running down into the storage compartment underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom